Unofficial Mills

Producers

bensteele

Just been announced that Victoria Easton off of Dan & Phil has been promoted... to the Breakfast Show! A bold decision; I suspect she'll be a silent producer though.

This got me thinking; who produces what on Radio 1 now?

All contributions welcome ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breakfast show - Matt Fincham, Fiona Hanlon, apparently now Victoria Easton

Fearne Cotton - Sarah Dray, someone called JC maybe?

Scott Mills - Will Foster and Chris Sawyer. Obvs. Why did Cara never come back by the way?

Greg James - Pippa Taylor and Travis Walby

Dev - Someone called Lanray or something. Referred to on air as Producer Lanners. Maybe Gary Pounder as well.

Matt Edmondson - Chris Cox

Alice Levine - Ian Chaloner

Gemma Cairney - Rodery Something or other

Those are all the ones I know.

Daytime

Gemma Cairney - Rodery Something or other

Breakfast Show - Matt Fincham, Fiona Hanlon, apparently now Victoria Easton

Fearne Cotton - Sarah Dray, someone called JC maybe?

Scott Mills - Will Foster and Chris Sawyer. Obvs. Why did Cara never come back by the way?

Greg James - Pippa Taylor and Travis Walby

Weekends - Gary Pounder as Unit Assistant or something

Dev - Someone called Lanray or something. Referred to on air as Producer Lanners. EDIT: Lanre Leandre.

Matt Edmondson - Chris Cox

Alice Levine - Ian Chaloner

Those are all the ones I know.

Just added in the new ones I've learned.

It has been confirmed that Matt Fincham off of the breakfast show will leave at the end of the week to produce Annie Mac's evening show. This means that the production team on the breakfast show will be Victoria Easton as producer, Fiona as assistant produceer and a team assistant.

It has been confirmed that Matt Fincham off of the breakfast show will leave at the end of the week to produce Annie Mac's evening show. This means that the production team on the breakfast show will be Victoria Easton as producer, Fiona as assistant produceer and a team assistant.

Bit of an odd move that one, breakfast producer to evenings. Last time there was producer changes on breakfast with Matt leaving and going elsewhere we had a change in the breakfast show.

That's what I thought.

Maybe Annie is going to do the Breakfast show?!!

Perhaps, although would be odd to change it now that Annie has just got the evening show. Saying that Clara had just got the Chart Show!

I wonder whether they have given Grimmy a new producer ready for a breakfast swap with Gregg? New slot time, new producing team?

• 1 month later...

That's a shame - I think Sawyer was behind a lot of the comedy on the show of late I hope his departure doesn't mark a decline in quality. The new AP is Roushan Allam (off of being left in a room with the Saturdays).

Grimmy's zoo format sounds a bit flat of late - since Ian and Matt Fincham left, it's just become Grimmy and Fiona and it sounds a bit lonely. Vic doesn't seem to have much of an on-air presence, although they have been involving Tina in the general chat more, which I like. Tina sounds much more relaxed now than she did on The Chris Moyles Show, and even at the beginning of Grimshaw's breakfast show. Hopefully Chris will be a good on air addition, he seems very funny but never really got the chance to speak on Scott's show.