Unofficial Mills

Sunday 4-7 slot - predictions

tr15

Internet Takeover only recently moved to Mondays so it won't be.

Ben Cooper says:

I'm working with the people at CBBC on creating something that will take some of the best content from their channel, and some of our great content, and really focusing on a young, teen audience.

I hope it's not that Cel Spellman kid- having seen a few minutes of Friday Download on CBBC, I can confirm it is godawful. Stilted and awkward don't even begin to describe it. The last time they tried CBBC on Radio 1 it didn't really work - Dick and Dom only lasted about a year. Matt Edmondson is the only one that's made a good transfer, but he'd branched into showbiz stuff from CBBC before he joined R1.

I'm predicting some kind of new format in that slot, but I wouldn't mind too much if Gemma got it. It would reduce her hours significantly, and put her on a fairly irrelevant show, once a week (at a time I don't listen anyway). Meanwhile, someone new (and good) would get Early Breakfast, so it's a win-win. If it does turn out to be the case, I can understand why - Gemma couldn't hack the earlies, and Ben Cooper wasn't happy with her show.

I'm predicting some kind of new format in that slot, but I wouldn't mind too much if Gemma got it. It would reduce her hours significantly, and put her on a fairly irrelevant show, once a week (at a time I don't listen anyway). Meanwhile, someone new (and good) would get Early Breakfast, so it's a win-win. If it does turn out to be the case, I can understand why - Gemma couldn't hack the earlies, and Ben Cooper wasn't happy with her show.

With all the talent emerging, and Radio 1 clearly being the hub of it all, you'd think that there would be more changes to late / early stuff on Radio 1 - Stories, Gemma and Daniel P Carter are all things that are a bit... WRONG.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I don't like the CBBC idea. I would of given Danny Howard that slot. Danny does seem to enjoy the games side of Radio 1 (like Innuendo Bingo and that) so I would like to see him doing that sort of show. He might not want it though considering he is more focused on his dance music.

Yeah, he's a dance DJ and not a radio presenter. I don't like his weekend slot, it doesn't seem to be appropriate to play dance music from 4pm on a Saturday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Three hours to Cel Spellman. THREE HOURS.

HE'S A CRAP CBBC TV PRESENTER NOT A RADIO 1 PRESENTER.

"I just hope I can return the favour and help make those car journeys a little more memorable for the listeners with a mix of fun, top tunes and a little bit of cheeky chat!"

Cheeky chat. I think that says it all.

Three hours to Cel Spellman. THREE HOURS.

HE'S A CRAP CBBC TV PRESENTER NOT A RADIO 1 PRESENTER.

"I just hope I can return the favour and help make those car journeys a little more memorable for the listeners with a mix of fun, top tunes and a little bit of cheeky chat!"

Cheeky chat. I think that says it all.

Cel is awesome! He has potential defo!

Radio 1 is Where It Begins!