Unofficial Mills

BEST RADIO 1 MISTAKES!

tr15

I don't think we would have recorded it, but I remember say as soon as ten years ago when pre-records were left to do their thing over the Christmas break. I think there was one moment where the tape stuffed up and Thunder In My Heart by Meck and Leo Sayer (whooooooo?) was playing on a loop for what seemed like an hour. Amazing to think it took them so long to step in.

I don't think we would have recorded it, but I remember say as soon as ten years ago when pre-records were left to do their thing over the Christmas break. I think there was one moment where the tape stuffed up and Thunder In My Heart by Meck and Leo Sayer (whooooooo?) was playing on a loop for what seemed like an hour. Amazing to think it took them so long to step in.

That came out in early 2006, 9 years ago! Must of hit the Radio 1 playlist about Feb or March that year I think. So it may of happened over Christmas 2006.

on the grid.

Not everybody plays the sport bed at weekends- I don't know why, but it seems the official policy is to just use the main news bed for sport at weekends. Some newsreaders opt to, Declan Harvey and Anna Collinson do when they have weekend duty.

As for the 17:00, when they had the old package they'd read the news over the headlines bed because it sounded the same as the news bed, and they wouldn't read a headline, they'd just go straight into the top story. With the new package, the headline bed is different to the news bed. When Chris Smith reads the news, he does the headline, then plays the news bed, then reads the top story. When other people stand in for him, they do it differently and stick to the old format, meaning they read the news over the headlines bed, then go to the sport bed for sport.