Unofficial Mills

FEARNE'S LEAVING.

tr15

Mad! Keith Lemon did give away a hint at the NTAs in January that she was pregnant. Who do we think is taking over? Here are my thoughts:

FAVOURITE TO TAKE OVER (although I bloody hope she doesn't) - Jameela. After her 'break'. She did give away a clue as to a 'new show' what you'll be finding out about soon.

Alice - She only just started weekends, but is a hot favourite IMO.

Gemma - Maybe. She did cover on Monday and I enjoyed it! (maybe it was a trial out)

Clara - Also maybe. But she has only just started the chart so can't see that happening.

Or will it be a male presenter? Only time will tell!

It's all but confirmed that the Chart will move to one of the weekday 10-12:45 shows now, interested what will become of the Sunday 4-7 show if that happens. Is Clara leaving 1Xtra?

EDIT: Turns out her replacement is DJ Ace (off of Ace and Invisible - whoooooooo!). Shame they haven't got someone new.

Other thoughts: disappointed it's not Alice, considering she's been on her weekend show for longer than Clara has been on the chart, but relieved it's not Gemma or Jameela.

I was wondering if it would be Dev, considering as he's overdue a daytime show, but I don't think it would really suit his style and that would mean that daytime is mostly male. So it was an unfounded prediction. I'm worried it's too much too quickly for Clara, before she's really proved herself. Especially considering just over a month ago she was still reading out the 1Xtra text number on R1.

I think this means that Scott will be safe for now. They are already losing Zane and Fearne. I don't think they'd want to lose Scott just now. Not to mention that with the recent allegations of Radio 1 being 'ageist', they probably don't want to be seen to be getting rid of Scott because of his age.

Saying that, a full revamp of the station to coincide with the changes wouldn't surprise me. Greg on breakfast, Clara mid morning, Alice in the afternoons and Matt on drivetime. Market it as 'Radio 1: The Next Generation' and launch it with a full ad campaign etc and they'd probably shake off a lot of their older listeners (and gain some new younger ones too). Stick Grimmy in Matt's current slot, give Dan & Phil Sunday 4-7 and give Chris Stark a regular solo show too (similar to what Matt's first show was like). Take Aled off The Surgery (means he can focus on his new role as Editor) and replace him with one of the Internet Takeover people? Maybe Louise Pentland (who I was quite impressed with). If that was well marketed then I think it could go down quite well.

But fingers crossed that Scott is safe for at least a few more years.

Interesting read sdg1992. I get Radio 1: The Next Generation and your idea of a new schedule does make sense. However, if Grimmy left Breakfast, I don't think he'd move to another show.

I think it would go like this (maybe for September/April 2016 Changes?)

04:00 Alice Levine (as much as I like Alice, still can't quite see her doing afternoons or drivetime)

06:30 Nick Grimshaw (he's still bringing in a young audience, so there's no point on him leaving)

10:00 Clara Amfo (I can see Clara being in this slot for a while)

13:00 Matt Edmondson (I can see him doing Scott's show over Dev. Also think The Matt Edmondson Show name would be dropped and just be called Matt Edmondson)

16:00 Greg James (really think Greg's going to be stuck in this slot for quite a while, if not, a swap with Grimmy?)

Weekends

06:00 Dev (Think his show is fine for now)

10:00 Jameela Jamil (Sadly I think it will happen)

13:00 Someone New?

16:00 Saturday Danny Howard Sunday Dan & Phil and The Internet Takeover?

Unsure as to where The Chart Show would go. I feel that Gemma could present The Surgery with Dr. Radha. If not, Gemma would get Weekends 1-4.

I feel that a lot of Female Presenters are going to be introduced.

Mad! Keith Lemon did give away a hint at the NTAs in January that she was pregnant. Who do we think is taking over? Here are my thoughts:

FAVOURITE TO TAKE OVER (although I bloody hope she doesn't) - Jameela. After her 'break'. She did give away a clue as to a 'new show' what you'll be finding out about soon.

Alice - She only just started weekends, but is a hot favourite IMO.

Gemma - Maybe. She did cover on Monday and I enjoyed it! (maybe it was a trial out)

Clara - Also maybe. But she has only just started the chart so can't see that happening.

Or will it be a male presenter? Only time will tell!

Gemma can just leave the equation, as can Jameela, because one of her reasons for leaving Radio 1 Chart was because of flexibility and how she couldn't commit to a Sunday afternoon show. It probably will be JamLolz, in which case.... Well, I'm interested.

Interesting read sdg1992. I get Radio 1: The Next Generation and your idea of a new schedule does make sense. However, if Grimmy left Breakfast, I don't think he'd move to another show.

I think it would go like this (maybe for September/April 2016 Changes?)

04:00 Alice Levine (as much as I like Alice, still can't quite see her doing afternoons or drivetime)

06:30 Nick Grimshaw (he's still bringing in a young audience, so there's no point on him leaving)

10:00 Clara Amfo (I can see Clara being in this slot for a while)

13:00 Matt Edmondson (I can see him doing Scott's show over Dev. Also think The Matt Edmondson Show name would be dropped and just be called Matt Edmondson)

16:00 Greg James (really think Greg's going to be stuck in this slot for quite a while, if not, a swap with Grimmy?)

Weekends

06:00 Dev (Think his show is fine for now)

10:00 Jameela Jamil (Sadly I think it will happen)

13:00 Someone New?

16:00 Saturday Danny Howard Sunday Dan & Phil and The Internet Takeover?

Unsure as to where The Chart Show would go. I feel that Gemma could present The Surgery with Dr. Radha. If not, Gemma would get Weekends 1-4.

I feel that a lot of Female Presenters are going to be introduced.

Saturday's Danny Howard is pretty awful IMO, but aside from that, I'm liking it!

To clarify, here's some stuff to conclude this thread:

- Fearne is leaving because she's having another baby. Ben Cooper says he "can't stop people having sex"

- Clara is taking over the slot and still hosting the chart

- Fearne is leaving 22nd May, with Big Weekend being her final stuff to do at the world's best radio station

- Radio 1 is a bit of a shambles at the moment.

I don't know.I'm worried about this. The fact that Scott hasn't had his contract renewed yet and Ben Cooper talking about an 'exciting new era'and the 'next generation' of DJs. .It's starting to look like Scott could go in May as part of a wider revamp, with a 'new radio one' launched immediately after the big weekend. I hope I'm wrong, but let's face it we know Cooper likes change...

Clara is wonderful and is going to make this show her own. It took me a long time to accept Fearne Cotton after Whiley left, but I think Clara is going to fit right in. Judging by Twitter yesterday she has big support of the Radio 1 family too.

It will be interesting to see how she does - she was boosted into the spotlight quite quickly with the appointment to the chart show.