Unofficial Mills

Rick Kelsey off of the news

OohErr

Aren't you thinking of Steffan Powell?

No haha, that's the Welsh one. Rrrrrrick Kelsyyyy tendsss to overrrrprrounounce allll offff his worrrrdsssss! and put huge amounts of expression into reading the news, but of late he sounds calmer, and I've been wondering if someone's had words.

Nice to know I'm not the only person that's noticed.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourite newsreader accents are Steffan Powell and Declan Harvey.

Think my favourite newsreader overall has to be Chris Smith though. Tina's good as well, as are Steve Holden and Jonathan Blake. I've never been a fan of Nokia Iqbal, she sounds too serious/depressed when reading the news (also, I thought she'd left? She was on this weekend and she's doing the 1:30 a lot recently as well). Also, Jim Connolly has an awesome voice. Cat Collins is quite good as well.

Love when Declan does weekend news because he actually does it properly with more clips and stuff, usually Newsbeat at weekends is pretty rubbish.

I wouldn't say its rubbish, as its there but not the good quality as from the week.

What I don't understand is how they actually need so many staff at Newsbeat, not just presenters but so many other people there?

And. Does anyone have any news on how Newsbeat is going to be providing news updates for the new online BBC Three?

My favourite newsreader accents are Steffan Powell and Declan Harvey.

Think my favourite newsreader overall has to be Chris Smith though. Tina's good as well, as are Steve Holden and Jonathan Blake. I've never been a fan of Nokia Iqbal, she sounds too serious/depressed when reading the news (also, I thought she'd left? She was on this weekend and she's doing the 1:30 a lot recently as well). Also, Jim Connolly has an awesome voice. Cat Collins is quite good as well.

Love when Declan does weekend news because he actually does it properly with more clips and stuff, usually Newsbeat at weekends is pretty rubbish.

Nomia does the BBC 3 "60 Seconds" news, too. Isn't Cat Collins the one that sounds really nasally?

If anyone has a clip of Rick Kelsey being Rick Kelsey, I'd love to hear it.