Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Archive Site

OohErr

Do you physically have to edit out each song after you've downloaded the show?

Yup, import it into Audacity and chop them all out. Fairly time consuming because I'm a perfectionist about it, with 2.5 second fades in and out. Sometimes I do leave segues in just to give a taste of the station imaging, and I like to leave at least one news bulletin in so that in a way, it becomes a historical artefact as to what was going on in the world that day.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I PROMISE PROMISE that I won't keep posting about this, but I've added loads of new stuff and also, has anybody got any feedback about the site/the downloads, or has anybody listened to anything yet?

Even if it's for a very niche audience, I think it's a good thing that this site (and UM for that matter) exists to create a radio time capsule.

It's an AMAZING site! Will you have Zane's last show and Annie's first show on here when it happens?

Most likely, although the BBC has changed their streaming format, so the program I use to pull the shows off might not work anymore. I'm sure I'll find a way around it though.

Hidownload works for grabbing content from the iplayer.

I have loads of old Scott Mills shows from 2005 - 2007 when Laura and Chappers were there, stashed on an old harddrive from when I used to record and clip for this site. I recorded most of them from FM then DAB at the time, haven't got the time to edit them all though.

on the grid.

Ooh DC, any chance you want to send them over to me? I can edit them, and pop them on the website or on here, crediting you.

There's GB's of stuff, and the problem is my upload speed isn't exactly the best if I'm honest. I used to try and record every day for a good few years, and each show is around 120mb. I'll try and find the time to dig out my old external stone age hard drive, and list what I have. Maybe see where to go from there.

on the grid.