Unofficial Mills

Your Views: Alice Levine..

thebaileysface

I have to admit I am not a big fan of Alice Levine's new show, well fairly new show on the weekends. I think she is not funny and I cant listen without feeling embarrassed for anyone who works at Radio 1. I simply cant understand how she actually got a show?

I think I am slightly biased against Alice and would like to hear what you all think. What is good about the show, please teach me?

I believe that Alice can improve and the show can get better. But how?

I think it would be really good is Phil and Alice co-presented together because the both of them sound great bounding off each other. And also to say I think Phil is good on his own and think its a shame he only presents on an hour on a Thursday nights.

I'd really love to hear your views...

I completely agree with you. I feel like weekend radio is somewhat lacking on Radio 1, now that Dan and Phil have kind of... left. Alice is too boring, she's commercial radio standard, she drags stuff out to waste time...

I mean, imagine Scott Mills going onto her slot. That would be cool.

I'd send dog poos through the post until they gave in.

How mature.

I love Alice. She's only finding her feet as a daytime presenter so it's extremely harsh to judge her so soon, especially as she previously had a co-presenter so moving away from that into a solo role where you have no one to bounce off can be difficult. She is intelligent, witty and knowledgeable about music. Radio 1 need more presenters like her rather than the loud, in-your-face, unfunny dimness of people like Gemma Cairney. Alice is hilarious on Real or No Real and if you didn't hear her on Greg's show last Wednesday at the BRITs red carpet, I'd urge you to listen back- it was hilarious, Greg was cracking up and it's clear she's quick-witted and an excellent interviewer. She seems passionate about music and I imagine she listens to a lot more new music than Fearne. She covered for Fearne two weeks ago and was brilliant- she's a natural radio talent and her intelligent wittiness is great. She sounded so at home in that slot and with a few features, she'd be a fantastic presenter of that show and I can't wait for it to happen. Her star is rising, most definitely.

I completely agree with you. I feel like weekend radio is somewhat lacking on Radio 1, now that Dan and Phil have kind of... left. Alice is too boring, she's commercial radio standard, she drags stuff out to waste time...

Personally, I think Radio 1 weekends have improved hugely over the last year. Dev instead of Gemma is a massive upgrade, Alice is a big improvement on Huw and Clara will be far superior than Jameela on the Chart (not that it would be hard to be better than her). LOL at the suggestion Dan and Phil's absence has disimproved weekends. Their childish nonsense belongs in a slot where no regular listeners have to hear it - that Internet Takeover show would be the first thing to be axed if I was Controller of R1- completely unnecessary show and it just doesn't work on the radio. Bring back The Review Show- with Phil Taggart maybe?

I think Dan and Phil were brilliant for the young audience which Radio 1 needs to attract.

I agree that Alice can be funny some of the time but it is when she says silly irrelevant jokes that only she finds funny. I personally feel she is not up to standard and Adele Roberts could fill the weekend 1-4pm slot very well.

Alice would be quite good as a comedy reporter once in a while. Or on a midnight show.

Personally, I think Radio 1 weekends have improved hugely over the last year. Dev instead of Gemma is a massive upgrade, Alice is a big improvement on Huw and Clara will be far superior than Jameela on the Chart (not that it would be hard to be better than her). LOL at the suggestion Dan and Phil's absence has disimproved weekends. Their childish nonsense belongs in a slot where no regular listeners have to hear it - that Internet Takeover show would be the first thing to be axed if I was Controller of R1- completely unnecessary show and it just doesn't work on the radio. Bring back The Review Show- with Phil Taggart maybe?

Your arrogance would ensure that you weren't the controller of Radio 1. Surely putting a four hour rock show on a Sunday in replacement of a show that got Twitter trending every week, and was listened to and watched globally, is a bad idea? I suppose your views are superior.

However, with regards to previous comments, I think that Alice could do with a co-presenter.

Your arrogance would ensure that you weren't the controller of Radio 1. Surely putting a four hour rock show on a Sunday in replacement of a show that got Twitter trending every week, and was listened to and watched globally, is a bad idea? I suppose your views are superior.

However, with regards to previous comments, I think that Alice could do with a co-presenter.

I think the idea of the Rock Show is to provide an alternative to xfactor/bgt etc however think Annie and The Rock show should swap. Still think 4 hours of Dev is a bit of overkill. I'd put Alice and Phil on at 7am with Dev at 1pm .

I'd put a music/sports themed show at 10am-1pm Sat before sports fans will go to matches/switch to 5 live. - Greg James, Chris Smith and Simon Mundie maybe?

That sound like a plan!

Can you imagine how good this would be...

6AM: Phil and Alice

10AM: Matt Edmonson

1PM: Greg James, Simon Mundie, and Chris Smith

4PM Dance anthems or The Official Chart

Then if Annie was on Sunday from 7 then a rock show from 10. Now that would be amazing!

It looks good, but it would never actually happen, because Radio 5live is where sport should be. Or that's what they'll say anyway. A youth-orientated sport show sounds good (but what would you do for three hours a week? Perhaps one hour would be easier to manage and fill with content).

I don't know what you're all complaining about. Weekends are the best they've been for as long as I've listened to Radio 1. Dev on the breakfast show, whilst I feel he deserves better, is very good. Matt Edmondson is also brilliant as the flagship weekend show (although it'll never be as good as the Wednesday night show, as I've said many times). Alice Levine is great, very funny, intelligent and nice to listen to. Also getting much slicker. Dance Anthems isn't my kind of thing, but I think it's a good show nonetheless, and Clara Amfo on the Chart could be good.

I'm enjoying Alice, it isn't often you get funny women as media personalities, so it's good that she's come along to fill the Coxy gap.

I don't know what you're all complaining about. Weekends are the best they've been for as long as I've listened to Radio 1. Dev on the breakfast show, whilst I feel he deserves better, is very good. Matt Edmondson is also brilliant as the flagship weekend show (although it'll never be as good as the Wednesday night show, as I've said many times). Alice Levine is great, very funny, intelligent and nice to listen to. Also getting much slicker. Dance Anthems isn't my kind of thing, but I think it's a good show nonetheless, and Clara Amfo on the Chart could be good.

I'm enjoying Alice, it isn't often you get funny women as media personalities, so it's good that she's come along to fill the Coxy gap.

I used to love Matt's late show. It was fantastic... I reckon that Dance Anthems needs to be on from a later time, and switching to 1Xtra at 7pm seems silly.

I just can't stand Alice. I don't understand how she is payed for doing the crap she produces.

Whoah! That's a tad too harsh. I could see her doing weekday early mornings (aka Gemma's current slot), and I wouldn't rush to turn the radio off if she came on in the daytime.

Grimmy announced this morning that Ian will be leaving his role as Breakfast Show assistant producer and moving to producing Alice Levine on weekends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04ybpxc

At 02:36:00

On the side note, I wonder if they'll fill Ian's role on BS with a silent assistant producer or someone who'll have a speaking role.

Assuming he'll be working with Aled instead of

james_ryder.png