Unofficial Mills

Jameela Jamil's Final Chart Show

tr15

Very low key exit, think she was pushed. I reckon she'll see out her contact sitting in for people, then they won't renew it and that'll be the end of her on Radio 1.

Agreed.

...though I did just listen back and she said something along the lines of a new show announcement and that she couldn't speak about then, it was all to be revealed. God I hope its not on Radio 1.

Agreed.

...though I did just listen back and she said something along the lines of a new show announcement and that she couldn't speak about then, it was all to be revealed. God I hope its not on Radio 1.

Well, it's not gonna be on Radio 2 is it?! She's gonna be working on Radio 1 still, and if she's got a new show then I have no idea where - they changed the schedule in September, and now they are making more changes at the start of February?

Am I the only one who thinks that Radio 1 are all over the place at the moment? With all the schedule changes etc... Also with the Station Sound front, I know this is more geek related but the way they implemented the new Station Sound back in September up till now personally i think is appalling. And what is is with Grimmy revealing the Cover track that artists are doing in The Live Lounge recently? That's not right surely?

Am I the only one who thinks that Radio 1 are all over the place at the moment? With all the schedule changes etc... Also with the Station Sound front, I know this is more geek related but the way they implemented the new Station Sound back in September up till now personally i think is appalling. And what is is with Grimmy revealing the Cover track that artists are doing in The Live Lounge recently? That's not right surely?

I hate that! It's something they started doing for EMMM. I much preferred it when the cover was a surprise, I hope eventually an artist refuses to reveal it to him.

Agree.

She is sounding good.

I didn't listen, has she finally got the hang of saying Radio 1 instead of 1Xtra, and 81199 instead of 88111? (I heard Dev make that mistake the other day, and he hasn't been on 1Xtra for 5 1/2 years!)

Also, The Chart seems to have changed slightly:

At the start of the show they know just play last week's top 3 instead of the Chart Update top 3 for some reason.

The 'chartbreaker' has gone

The Emtertainment News top 5 section has gone, and frankly, for the better.

And I got a shoutout (although that has nothing to do with this post)

She did a lot more shoutouts and her links were personal to her rather than generic and samey. My hat goes off to her; the chart is a tricky job to master and she didn't join the BBC too long ago.

RE overall sound of Radio 1, I think Jameela should have left and been replaced back in September's changes. The Scottish voiceovers aren't as good as the 2009 + station sound.

They're not all Scottish! Agree that Jameela should have left in september, however she did not have her cancer scare until October, and that's why she decided to leave.

They are all pretty crap though. Fair enough, but... I dunno, it seems a bit blurgh. They should change the schedule in time for 2015, rather than September IMO, but that's not too important. I agree with Greg that the jingles are too "serious", not fun enough like Moyles'.