Unofficial Mills

Are the Ramps recorded?

tr15

Does anyone else think the ramps (the strange extended intro the dj's talk over before the 3rd track of the hour) are recorded? Fearne done a ramp at 10am this morning, then Greg played out something she said whilst doing a ramp on his show, with NO MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND! Sorry, this is incredibly nerdy of me, hope someone understands!

Whilst the studios are in use, Radio 1 can take a clean audio feed from the 'Mic Pool' which won't have any of the songs or beds or jingles in it (which is how they manage to do the "Mic's are always live on the webcam AAA thing"). If I remember rightly the way the Radio 1 Studios are set up is that when shows are being recorded live, the Mic's are recorded on their own, just like the songs and the beds etc and it all gets mushed together at the end into the one file you hear on BBC iPlayer. So that could be how he managed to get just Fearne speaking without the Ramp being there, from the Mic recording. I could be wrong here but I'm sure that's how they've got it set up.