Unofficial Mills

Another year of Mills on R1?

OohErr

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/scott-mills-reveals-secret-kept-5367068

He is, after all, pretty good at it, and has just signed a new long-term deal with the station.

“I don’t think you expect to be on Radio 1 for ever but so long as your outlook and spirit is young, and you feel you can still broadcast to really young people and not sound cranky or embarrassing, then it’s fine,” he says.

“But I never want to be one of those bitter old DJs. Once my contract has expired... perhaps that would be the time to move over to Radio 2.

“It’s the biggest station in Europe so that’s not a bad place to be. It’s a big gear-change but at some point I do think it is going to happen.”

The Coogan interview that never got played - can anybody remember when that was? Scott did one with Coogan and Rob Brydon in 2010 that was awkward (it's on the archives of this site), did this one happen some time after that?

I do love Alan Partridge, but I've always thought Coogan was a bit of a c*ck.

• 1 year later...