Unofficial Mills

Another year of Mills on R1?

OohErr

On Mondays podcast, during the chat about people breaking the Transfer Deadline Window, Scott mentioned something about "when we do Transfer Deadline Day again this year". Does this confirm that he'll definitely still be on come December? His contract expires in April, so this looks like an indication that he's signed a new one.

If not, I'd expect some kind of announcement in the next couple of months. Obviously, I hope he stays .

Another thought I've just had - with the Radio 1 iPlayer channel fairly recently launched, and Innuendo Bingo making up a large part of the content it has, it's really in the bosses best interests to keep him on for longer, at least until the channel is more established.

I can't see Radio 1 binning Mills off any time soon. He's popular and his pairing with Chris appeals to the student and general young person (18-30) demographic really nicely. Moyles was popular, but with the wrong audience for Radio 1.

Scott is also versatile, in that he can cover any show that might be required.

I can't really see any strong reason to get rid of Mills at the moment. The afternoon slot wouldn't be right for Huw, and Matt Edmonson and Dev are both lovely but they never really seem to be able to properly fill a whole week of shows - they lack good content. Greg seems fine in the Drivetime slot, Grimmy (although unpopular) is doing a good job with Breakfast, and Fearne seems comfortable in the morning slot.

• 1 month later...

I think Scott could be off come April. His appearance on Strictly could be introducing him to the Radio 2 audience prime for a move? I see Dev and Chris doing the show together, possibly with Bingo staying on the slot!

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru

Even more worried now. A brand new Radio 1 on IPlayer trail has been made, and Chris Stark's ICYMI promo has been changed from:

Welcome to ICYMI, I'm Chris Stark from the Scott Mills show with a round up of Radio 1's best bits.

They've took out the from The Scott Mills show bit out. Hope that's because he's not on for a few weeks

What if a commercial station poaches him? I could viably hear Scott Mills on the afternoon bit of Capital FM or something, but I know that won't happen before you all jump on to me about that.

They've took out the from The Scott Mills show bit out. Hope that's because he's not on for a few weeks

If Scott is still working at Radio 1 now, and Radio 1 are playing trails for his show then why would dropping "from the Scott Mills Show" make you assume that he's gonna leave? It flows better without "from the Scott Mills Show", and makes Chris sound like he is him rather than being "that one off of Scott".

Scott said in an interview at RadioCon a couple of years ago that he'd never go back to commercial radio. So that's a no.

He also said in the same interview that he likes doing the show by himself from time to time just prove he can still do it. In all honesty, I don't think he can. The show on Monday was rather lacking in content I thought, and Scott sounded a bit lost without Chris.

I would agree about Scott's show not sounding great on Monday, but I think he pulled it back from Tuesday. I actually really enjoyed listening to the show this week - he's still got it! :)

If Scott does leave radio One this year,and It Is a big If, it's beter for him to go still at the top, and he will have had an amazing 17 years on the station so there's no need to be too down about it.And he'll almost certainly have a show on radio 2 before too long!

He was on Radio 4 earlier today and even though he's an expert at skirting around the topic of how long he has left at Radio 1, from what I could piece together it didn't sound like he's leaving any time soon.

It's clear that Scott would llke to continue for another year or 2 If he can.Question is will Ben Cooper let him?

Listened to the Radio 4 interview and it certainly seems that he isn't going anywhere yet. If his contract expires in April, surely news of his departure and his replacement would be announced by now.

I don't know if anyone heard Thursday's show but I did think it was strange how he did a link which plugged Matt Edmondson's podcast. Never heard him do that before and it was along the lines of "if you love our show, you should check out his podcast and here's what's on this week's edition". Slowly but surely introducing Matt to Scott's audience and getting people used to him?

I don't know if anyone heard Thursday's show but I did think it was strange how he did a link which plugged Matt Edmondson's podcast. Never heard him do that before and it was along the lines of "if you love our show, you should check out his podcast and here's what's on this week's edition". Slowly but surely introducing Matt to Scott's audience and getting people used to him?

I don't think so, a few years ago, I think it was when he'd just started on the Wednesday night show, there as a thing at the end of the podcast saying "like this? Why not try The Matt Edmondson Show" or something, and also around about that time IIRC they'd get Matt on on a Wednesday to talk about his show and play games and stuff.