Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Studios

Wizard

I got a little confused with which show comes from which studio today because in a recent video introducing iPlayer viewers to Radio 1 Greg was in his usual studio 82D, but mentioned that Fearne's show also comes from there. I know that Scott comes from 82E on his normal 1-4pm show (but seems to be creeping into 82A when doing innuendo bingo), but that confuses me a little... as I understand it, Grimmy comes from 82A (or Scott when he's covering breakfast), so does that leave 1xtra breakfast in a side studio?

Just for the sake of having more nerd points I'd also be interested to know which studio Zane's show comes from if anyone knows, I think he's usually in 82C but I'm not sure, my second guess would be 82F.

Also feel free to name any other shows that you know the location of!

EDIT (to make it easier on the eyes):

Grimmy: 82A

Fearne: 82D

Scott: 82A (if not, 82E)

Greg: 82D

Zane: 82c or 82F?

Both Greg and Fearne use the same studio. I know Scott used to do his show from 82E but I'm fairly sure that now he does it from 82A so that the weekday daytime shows alternate either side of the Live Lounge.

You're probably right that he's in 82A now, because it seems that Innuendo Bingo has been recorded there since April, so since they managed to do it fine in the old side studio & still cover everything up in 82A that's probably the case. The only problem I have with that is wondering what happens if there's a live lounge for 1xtra in mid-mornings. I know that 82A would technically be free, but Scott has said previously he usually gets in to the studio 2 hours before (although there's less prank calls and stuff that HAS to be prepared in the studio these days so it may only be 1 hour)

Any idea on other shows not listed?

I'd guess that they'd probably end up doing their prep for the show elsewhere when there's a Live Lounge as 82A is where the sound is mixed before it goes out on air so there'd be engineers etc in there and wouldn't want to be disturbed.

I'm pretty sure that Matt Edmondson's show comes from 82E but I've not got a clue about others!

I'd guess that they'd probably end up doing their prep for the show elsewhere when there's a Live Lounge as 82A is where the sound is mixed before it goes out on air so there'd be engineers etc in there and wouldn't want to be disturbed.

I'm pretty sure that Matt Edmondson's show comes from 82E but I've not got a clue about others!

I didn't know about where the sound was mixed, I wondered what the extra desk was for, thanks! I suppose they could always use a side studio, there are 4 of them after all so there must be 1 free...

I think you're right about Matt, however it surprises me that he comes from a side studio, because I imagine that means that one of the larger studios is used by weekend breakfast, which is hardly prime time... I'd imagine that shows like Dance Anthems & The Official Chart come from a larger studio though because they both require more preparation and production than the rest of the daytime weekend shows. Pictures with guests would help to figure out who comes from where, but the weekend shows don't seem to have guests in the studio that often (apart from Matt, who seems to get very good bookings considering the times that he's on air).

Confirmation that Scott (& covers for Scott) are in 82A https://twitter.com/Chris_Stark/status/532908573219885057/photo/1

Also a previous post on a similar thread suggests that Zane is in 82A (unless it's changed, like Mills' has) http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?20128-Scott-Mills-Studio&p=408499&viewfull=1#post408499