Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Studios

Wizard

I got a little confused with which show comes from which studio today because in a recent video introducing iPlayer viewers to Radio 1 Greg was in his usual studio 82D, but mentioned that Fearne's show also comes from there. I know that Scott comes from 82E on his normal 1-4pm show (but seems to be creeping into 82A when doing innuendo bingo), but that confuses me a little... as I understand it, Grimmy comes from 82A (or Scott when he's covering breakfast), so does that leave 1xtra breakfast in a side studio?

Just for the sake of having more nerd points I'd also be interested to know which studio Zane's show comes from if anyone knows, I think he's usually in 82C but I'm not sure, my second guess would be 82F.

Also feel free to name any other shows that you know the location of!

EDIT (to make it easier on the eyes):

Grimmy: 82A

Fearne: 82D

Scott: 82A (if not, 82E)

Greg: 82D

Zane: 82c or 82F?

Both Greg and Fearne use the same studio. I know Scott used to do his show from 82E but I'm fairly sure that now he does it from 82A so that the weekday daytime shows alternate either side of the Live Lounge.

You're probably right that he's in 82A now, because it seems that Innuendo Bingo has been recorded there since April, so since they managed to do it fine in the old side studio & still cover everything up in 82A that's probably the case. The only problem I have with that is wondering what happens if there's a live lounge for 1xtra in mid-mornings. I know that 82A would technically be free, but Scott has said previously he usually gets in to the studio 2 hours before (although there's less prank calls and stuff that HAS to be prepared in the studio these days so it may only be 1 hour)

Any idea on other shows not listed?

I'd guess that they'd probably end up doing their prep for the show elsewhere when there's a Live Lounge as 82A is where the sound is mixed before it goes out on air so there'd be engineers etc in there and wouldn't want to be disturbed.

I'm pretty sure that Matt Edmondson's show comes from 82E but I've not got a clue about others!

I'd guess that they'd probably end up doing their prep for the show elsewhere when there's a Live Lounge as 82A is where the sound is mixed before it goes out on air so there'd be engineers etc in there and wouldn't want to be disturbed.

I'm pretty sure that Matt Edmondson's show comes from 82E but I've not got a clue about others!

I didn't know about where the sound was mixed, I wondered what the extra desk was for, thanks! I suppose they could always use a side studio, there are 4 of them after all so there must be 1 free...

I think you're right about Matt, however it surprises me that he comes from a side studio, because I imagine that means that one of the larger studios is used by weekend breakfast, which is hardly prime time... I'd imagine that shows like Dance Anthems & The Official Chart come from a larger studio though because they both require more preparation and production than the rest of the daytime weekend shows. Pictures with guests would help to figure out who comes from where, but the weekend shows don't seem to have guests in the studio that often (apart from Matt, who seems to get very good bookings considering the times that he's on air).

Confirmation that Scott (& covers for Scott) are in 82A https://twitter.com/Chris_Stark/status/532908573219885057/photo/1

Also a previous post on a similar thread suggests that Zane is in 82A (unless it's changed, like Mills' has) http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/showthread.php?20128-Scott-Mills-Studio&p=408499&viewfull=1#post408499

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would rather do the new music show than the breakfast show early starts, being cheery and entertaining isn’t my vibe and being hip and on trend. With new music it’s a different kettle of fish that could get my teeth into and enjoy researching and planning of the show and coming up with ideas and making my mark in away that I don’t think I have the ideas for a breakfast. I don’t see how it could be alienating but I enjoy the niche and speciality of expertise that new music shows gives it’s good spot of giving you the headlines and setting the agenda of mainstream music.
    • Absolutely, Jack is such an incredible broadcaster already, incredibly entertaining with such brilliant music knowledge and his excitement is contagious, I've never really listened to New Music Shows like Future Sounds but I'm instantly invested in new music due to his show, as I'm sure many others are too.  yes the effects are a little strange but after listening back they're strangely charming when you get used to them. 
    • Jack has smashed it He was born for this show, he said he’d been dreaming of it and you could tell. Such passion and energy as always with Jack but in a show that can grab people’s attention and drag them down the rabbit hole of new music if you had a keen interest in discovering new music but haven’t in a while, new music shows can be alienating with no familiarity until you ‘get into it’ - the new show has ensured you can ease into to get back into sync . i love the Zane influences - he will be the forefront of where every emerging and returning artist wants to be with this show . Very excited for this chapter
    • Oh I though they were nbh studios   
    • Yes, I feel that unless it’s for a special sessions with a large ensemble band that for live sessions going out live on the radio. Never saw why they haven’t used the live lounge studio and feel that room could be used more.  
    • Interesting now Zane has for apple interviewed anything from an artists that have charted and doing less interviews with new and emerging talents chatting to Shakira, Usher, Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain. Yes, that is a positive thing about Jack Saunders. Although I don’t mind it from time to time for a presenter to be honest and spill an unsavoury opinion about music on the station like Annie did with Fall Out Boy.
    • Interesting Jack mentioned they've got new studios at Maida Vale; you'd think, with the move to Stratford, they wouldn't bother update the studios so close to the end...
    • I assume it's meant to appeal to a TikTok generation
    • Yep Jack is very much Radio 1's modern day Zane Lowe - but with the bonus that he does feel a bit a bit more open-minded and open to chart stuff than Zane was. I could never imagine Zane being a chart host the way Jack is - I always had the sense if Zane didn't approve of your music taste he'd make you well aware of it.
    • I will still call them sessions as feel with gigs it makes you think of a live tangible means of going to listen to a band play music and not virtually tuning in via the medium of radio.
    • He does what the show needs regardless of how annoying some people may find his presentation style is like. I feel and very much do hope he is in for the long haul and could atleast do four years where his energy may into be as always as bouncy. But he has the knowledge, passion and interaction and not so overbearing but very much so sense of confidence that you need. I think he could easily have a good Zane Lowe like era. Just hope that they consider doing a new late night live music show as I do miss that something of what he had in the early days of the indie show and when Huw Stephens was on live at the after ten slot
    • Speaking of the sessions, they've been renamed Live Gigs for any forum members not listening to the show & reading this later
    • I’ve found the jingles are annoying and going to grate on the listener quickly. It’s a good opening week with big name hottest records and sessions
    • With the effects I'm half expecting a massive whoooooo soon