Unofficial Mills

Official Chart

tr15

Bit of a geeky observation here, but did anyone hear the Official Chart with Scott today? At 16:00 where they tell you the chart update from Wednesday before the chart starts itself, the way the songs were edited made it sound a bit sharp. Instead of smoothly editing out a chorus, it would just cut half of the song off. Did anyone else think it sounded a bit rough?

Agree up to the Jameela part. I think she should do early breakfast or be phased out like Tom Deacon was. Maybe Gemma in Alice's weekend slot? Plus, it sounded like Scott had a bit of a technical nightmare just then but covered it up!

Gemma really annoys me. I think she'll probably be phased out, nobody really likes her.... And really?! *Nerds out* What happened?

It happened in the links between 10 9 and 8 :)

Could't hear anything wrong with 10, but ARGH! AWFUL JINGLE CRASHING!! The bed was probably produced with the jingles at the start, but wow! He was quick to end the other jingle just before Waze & Odyessy... Dodgy bed before the One Direction interview. The 1D interview seemed pretty irrelevant to be honest - and also a little bit too long - Sorry Directioners! The end of the interview was also a bit abrupt!

My radio critique is top-notch this evening, I'm sure you'd agree ;-)

The chart seems to be cursed this week lol, didn't chart update on Wednesday also have some technical problems?

Also in today's chart, did the numbers in the beginning of the songs disappear at some point?

They don't have to use the chart numbers at the beginning of the music tracks, especially if they say stuff along the lines of "up next is your number nine in the Official Chart"... You'll notice when they play two back-to-back tracks without speech inbetween, they'll nearly always use the chart countdown jingles.

They don't have to use the chart numbers at the beginning of the music tracks, especially if they say stuff along the lines of "up next is your number nine in the Official Chart"... You'll notice when they play two back-to-back tracks without speech inbetween, they'll nearly always use the chart countdown jingles.

Oh right, thanks for explaining. I don't listen to the chart that often...

• 1 month later...

So, didn't see this coming. It has been announced that Jameela will quit the Official Chart. She had a cancer scare recently and wants to do more with her life without the restriction of a weekly show. To this effect, she will take on a more flexible role within Radio 1 (much like when Beccy left Mills' show due to MS I suppose). Clara Amfo will take over from Sunday 25 January and will continue to present her weekend breakfast show.

So, didn't see this coming. It has been announced that Jameela will quit the Official Chart. She had a cancer scare recently and wants to do more with her life without the restriction of a weekly show. To this effect, she will take on a more flexible role within Radio 1 (much like when Beccy left Mills' show due to MS I suppose). Clara Amfo will take over from Sunday 25 January and will continue to present her weekend breakfast show.

I heard it on Newsbeat this morning too. Wow, Clara's going to have a busy weekend. I'm a fan of Clara's, she seems to have a much better on-air personality than Jameela. I look forward to the changes that the chart will have (and the new jingles, of course) :-)

The only shock for me is that it's not Sarah-Jane Crawford taking over. She has just finished Xtra Factor and you'd think Radio 1 would capitalise on this exposure. Clara Amfo's only been at 1Xtra for just over a year I think so it's certainly a big jump and it's unusual that she'll be doing two shows in a day (why not get a new presenter for the Sunday breakfast show?). I'm really pleased someone new and fresh is taking over, though, and she has a music radio background rather than Jameela, who seemed to have no music knowledge and had no radio skills. I like to see R1 using radio people and taking a risk.

I was just listening to the Chart Show yesterday and the 30 minutes or so I heard was painfully dull. Jameela's been doing that show for a few years now and she hasn't really developed as a radio presenter - no slickness, no fluidity, she can't talk up to the vocals on a song properly and I'm not convinced she is a music radio presenter - I don't think the format helped her though. I hope her new role involves making documentaries - she seems to care about issues which are important to young people so I'd like to see her making a few docs for "Radio 1 Stories" and maybe a few documntaries for BBC3. Obviously, her health is the most important thing and hopefully she can enjoy life and will be in full health soon.

I could just be being incredibly cynical here, but might just put my head above the trenches and put it out there....it all seems like an axing to me. Like Tom Deacon (WHOOOOOOOO) who finished his show to become a "super sub". They have put a lot of emphasis on her scare and travelling, so more then likely she did quit, but they do like to sugar coat a press release. I did get the impression she wasn't too happy in that slot and couldn't really see her going anywhere else on schedule.

...*runs and hides*