Unofficial Mills

Listen from 4... Listen from 6!

forde52

• 1 month later...
It would appear that they have now dropped the "Watch From 6" aspect of the chart all together. Can only think that the moving of Dan and Phil is the reason, but saying that they used to have the Watch From 6 before Dan and Phil joined.

They recently kitted the studios out with HD cameras. Why?! They only use them occasionally for YouTube videos and the "Internet Takeover Show". To be honest, with HD, I'm looking forward to Access All Areas; I do hope they continue with it.

They recently kitted the studios out with HD cameras. Why?! They only use them occasionally for YouTube videos and the "Internet Takeover Show". To be honest, with HD, I'm looking forward to Access All Areas; I do hope they continue with it.

I can tell you what I was told by Joe Harland.

The chart videos are no longer live as only 1,000 people watched, this made them not worth it.

Also Dan and Phil are Mondays as they do not compete with the X Factor, or other such shows.

I can tell you what I was told by Joe Harland.

The chart videos are no longer live as only 1,000 people watched, this made them not worth it.

Also Dan and Phil are Mondays as they do not compete with the X Factor, or other such shows.

Dan and Phil only host 12 hours every year - I hope they don't get paid much!

Is the Internet Show pre-recorded? I read on article on newsbeat online that said Radio 1 on iplayer launches on Monday (10th November) so hopefully they attempt more live content.

Yeah, it's pre-recorded so that they don't swear or muck-up or say something regretful. They also just pre-record the links, they don't touch the buttons - there's another fun fact for you. The Radio 1 iPlayer (iPlayer Radio) has been around for yonks - do you mean a visual iPlayer?

Yeah, it's pre-recorded so that they don't swear or muck-up or say something regretful. They also just pre-record the links, they don't touch the buttons - there's another fun fact for you. The Radio 1 iPlayer (iPlayer Radio) has been around for yonks - do you mean a visual iPlayer?

How do you know? It used to be live on Sundays. The Visual iplayer launches on Monday, I meant to say.

Done a bit of digging and found that a lot of the Internet Show Presenters are represented by a PR company called Gleam Futures who presumably handle the bookings for Radio 1.

Hiya,

In answer to your first question, I did a bit of digging around and checked out Dan and Phil's statement about moving on from their Sunday show. They made it clear that other shows will be pre-recorded, but that their monthly show would be going out live.

To back this up, Caspar Lee did a vlog in which he was at Radio 1, but it wasn't on a Monday, and he said something about cooking meth in a yellow suit and then said "I'm not allowed to say that, am I?" - this was never aired.

And yes, the majority are represented by Gleam Futures - it's probably in their best interests to get their clients on Radio 1 - reaching millions of young people in the UK is something they want to do!