Unofficial Mills

Dev in for Scott

OohErr

Thoughts on Dev sitting in for Scott today and yesterday?

I thought he was fine by himself yesterday, but today Chris barely seemed to get a word in edgeways other than confirmations. Don't think Dev's used to presenting with another person, I remember thinking the same when he was in for Greg talking to Chris Smith. He seems to forget he's got another person to bounce off, so he is talking for a majority of the links. I think Matt Edmondson has better interaction with Chris, but even that's a bit stilted.

I didn't hear much of it, but I agree with you that Chris didn't get a chance to say much. You're right in the sense that he's used to talking to himself, not with other people involved, but I have a feeling it's also that since Chris is on with someone else, because generally when Scott's on and talking to Chris there'll be a fair bit of content that's based around him and they speak regularly so have things they've done that day or the previous day to talk about (plus they already have a refined dynamic, whereas it's not so practiced with Matt or Dev).

What about his "highbrow talk radio big phone in" feature? I couldn't decide whether it was entertaining and funny or dire and local radio worthy. Think it would've come across better if it felt spontaneous, instead of "and today's phone in: flannel or puff", in an Alan Partridge style.

Also, what's with the weeks schedule. Monday, Scott was on, then Tuesday and Wednesday, Dev was in for him cause he was doing strictly. Thursday, he was back and Friday Dev was on again. Is this gonna happen until he gets booted off strictly. What I suggest happen, is that Scott does Drive and Greg does Afternoons. That stops Dev doing a full week shift and allows scott to train and do the radio show on the same day.

Also, what's with the weeks schedule. Monday, Scott was on, then Tuesday and Wednesday, Dev was in for him cause he was doing strictly. Thursday, he was back and Friday Dev was on again. Is this gonna happen until he gets booted off strictly. What I suggest happen, is that Scott does Drive and Greg does Afternoons. That stops Dev doing a full week shift and allows scott to train and do the radio show on the same day.

As much as I want that to happen, they wouldn't temporarily demote Greg, they prefer to promote weekend DJs.

Also they don't seem to want Scott doing drive, when he did it regularly Greg would move from 1-4 to cover it and a weekend DJ would take his slot, but now they cut the middle man and put a less experienced DJ on one of the flagship shows

• 3 weeks later...

I think Scott is using up all his remaining holiday leave while he's on Strictly.Dev seems to be doing well on his current stint in for Scott.Getting on well with Chris.Chris and Scott aren't seeing too much of each other these days are they!

Think Dev and Chris are building up quite a good relationship now- it sounded quite awkward for the first week, and Dev didn't leave Chris much room to contribute, but now it's sounding good, and Dev is getting used to presenting with another person. I enjoy it when Dev's on daytime, prefer him covering Scott when Chris is there over Matt Edmondson.