Unofficial Mills

New Newsbeat Imaging 2014!

forde52

1Xtra Breakfast now starts at 7AM, so no news at 6.

So it does, apparently since 8th September. Didn't realise that. That's strange, considering they pushed the weekend breakfast back an hour, to push weekday breakfast forward an hour. Can't even find any mention of that show losing an hour, it was done very discretely.

Edit retracted, I guess. 06:30 with Adele it is.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it does, apparently since 8th September. Didn't realise that. That's strange, considering they pushed the weekend breakfast back an hour, to push weekday breakfast forward an hour. Can't even find any mention of that show losing an hour, it was done very discretely.

Edit retracted, I guess. 06:30 with Adele it is.

Well, the first hour of the show was just music anyway. The first live link was always just before 7AM news. So not a great loss to be fair.

Well, the first hour of the show was just music anyway. The first live link was always just before 7AM news. So not a great loss to be fair.

Really? In all honesty I can't say I've ever listened. What lazy radio. Dev always manages to be live and have content in his 06:00-07:00 hour.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what R1/1X have chosen this time, although I've got to admit I have found myself humming along to the current package over recent weeks before it goes... I think it's growing on me? Also I'm quite liking the sound of Mike and Katie on the Station ID's during My Playlister today!

I think the top of hour news today could be a test for in the future? I much prefer it on the half hour... I'll be for sure recording the first ever new newsbeat!

The only reason why news is on the hour is because my playlist is a repeat of shows previously recorded without newsbeat. Radio 1 did on the hour news inbetween prerecorded repeats before a few years ago

I'm really looking forward to hearing what R1/1X have chosen this time, although I've got to admit I have found myself humming along to the current package over recent weeks before it goes... I think it's growing on me? Also I'm quite liking the sound of Mike and Katie on the Station ID's during My Playlister today!

Me too, I'm hoping it is much faster than the current one, with a better sonic logo. I may be speaking too soon here, but I won't miss these ones too much. They were okay to start with, but after three and a half years...

Mike and Katie were about the best bit of that My Playlister show yesterday. Nice to hear their voices, and some old beds, again.

I was hoping Alice would pass some kind of comment that it was the last one for us geeks, especially with Aled producing, but alas, she didn't.

I'll be up early tomorrow to hear it! (Although in all honesty I would have been anyway).

Taking the risk here that the new ones won't be worse than the current ones, I won't miss this one too much. I do have my worries though- I remember at the time the last package was commissioned, people commented that it was very small, with 16 cuts down on the previous 40. This package is only 12 cuts! Plus there are no dedicated ins, sport/weather beds, and outs. But we'll see, hopufully it's fast and has a strong sonic ID.

In all honesty, I feel a little sad. The Radio 1 I woke up to is changing dramatically - while I like more of Grimmy than Moyles, I'm scared about what the future holds for radio in general. I'm getting goosebumps though just thinking about the possibilities. Here's to the 2015 jingle package *holds breath* *crosses fingers*

Do you think the chart music will be changing too? Or do you think they will wait for Clara to take over?

In comparison to the Newsbeat package, the chart package is fairly new and so there's no real reason for it to change. I can't see anything on BBC Commissioning, and regardless, I highly doubt that it will be changing.

"The Official Chart With Clara Amfo on BBC Radio 1". I'm sorry..... It's not as catchy.