Unofficial Mills

New Newsbeat Imaging 2014!

forde52

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holly's chart intro was shortlived. Heard a new version today with the new voiceovers, minus the 'listen from 4, watch from 6' tag.

The 5pm news intro has been updated too.

Posted this in the wrong thread, doh.

Aha oh well!

Yeah i know, was a bit sad to be honest. I'm guessing they're still recording some of the ID's? Dev doesn't seem to have any of the new voices, the Official Number 1 trail only got updated this afternoon, Official Chart/Update, 10 Minute Takeover and the odd few bits here and there are still on the old voices!

Dev probably does have new voices, but for whatever reason he never plays his name IDs, only generic Radio 1 ones. He does have a few funny ones he uses sometimes recorded by Matt Fincham, like "Dev- the one with the fat voice". Don't think they'll bother updating the 10 Minute Takeover, they didn't the last time they changed the voices until he got the new jingles if I remember correctly. Dev's ramp, as well as the podcast intros still have Holly and David, so I don't think they're in a hurry to update absolutely everything

Holly's chart intro was shortlived. Heard a new version today with the new voiceovers, minus the 'listen from 4, watch from 6' tag.

The 5pm news intro has been updated too.

Posted this in the wrong thread, doh.

Thought the new chart into sounded awful, with the "ONE ONE ONE ONE" non echo.

Dev probably does have new voices, but for whatever reason he never plays his name IDs, only generic Radio 1 ones. He does have a few funny ones he uses sometimes recorded by Matt Fincham, like "Dev- the one with the fat voice". Don't think they'll bother updating the 10 Minute Takeover, they didn't the last time they changed the voices until he got the new jingles if I remember correctly. Dev's ramp, as well as the podcast intros still have Holly and David, so I don't think they're in a hurry to update absolutely everything

Dev probably doesn't have generic name IDs made. His permanent slot is the Weekend Breakfast Show which has it's own package.

• 3 months later...

I have never ever liked Gemma's style of presenting; she has no radio skills whatsoever, which makes for hard listening. Thank god I'm half asleep when I hear the last 20 minutes of her show, otherwise I think I'd have a nervous breakdown.

I mean, she has to do ONE news intro in her whole show- ONE- and she can't even get that right. Unbelievable.

Perhaps they should scrap the news in ramp for just that reason- so all the amateurs they're getting on these days don't sound so bad.

I'm hoping for a style similar to the 2000-2006 packages, where the news in can be as long or as short as the DJ wants. That could still work now, so long as the DJ stopped speaking by 30:00, when the newsreader starts, plus it would make timing slightly less rigid, because they could start playing the in whenever they wanted, up to a few seconds before the half hour.

I also think they'll drop taglines from the news ins this time round, just going for a "BBC Radio 1-Newsbeat" type thing, followed by a "Newsbeat" after the headline. Still curious as to what they'll use in place of sport and weather beds, which haven't been commissioned this time round IIRC. Perhaps the launch of the new package will be the time they drop weather altogether (it's already been dropped from the 16:30 and 17:45, only Tina does it on the breakfast show now).

I have never ever liked Gemma's style of presenting; she has no radio skills whatsoever, which makes for hard listening. Thank god I'm half asleep when I hear the last 20 minutes of her show, otherwise I think I'd have a nervous breakdown.

I mean, she has to do ONE news intro in her whole show- ONE- and she can't even get that right. Unbelievable.

Perhaps they should scrap the news in ramp for just that reason- so all the amateurs they're getting on these days don't sound so bad.

This is very true.

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL! New jingles on January 5th!

Louisa Compton, the editor of Newsbeat (@louisa_compton) just tweeted about things Newsbeat will be doing in 2015, and the new imaging package is at the top of the list.

#nerdgasm

New years resolution: perhaps get a life and stop getting excited about new jingles.

EDIT: Just remembered that 1Xtra do a news bulletin at 6AM, so that'll be the first time it's played with Twin B and Yasmin Evans, then at 06:30 by Adele, then Huw during the breakfast show.

Same here, I'm really hoping for a return to Music4, but they seem to have been surpassed by the likes of Wise Buddah and Koink these days.

Another nerdy observation, not quite new-jingle related, but 1Xtra don't seem to be having any news today, and Radio 1 are doing news on the hour to fit between repeat of My Playlister, so it means (for one day only), there's no clock start news! Dev celebrated by going to the news at 08:33. Oh, how I've missed daytime DJs being fashionably late for the news.

IT'S OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL! New jingles on January 5th!

Louisa Compton, the editor of Newsbeat (@louisa_compton) just tweeted about things Newsbeat will be doing in 2015, and the new imaging package is at the top of the list.

#nerdgasm

New years resolution: perhaps get a life and stop getting excited about new jingles.

EDIT: Just remembered that 1Xtra do a news bulletin at 6AM, so that'll be the first time it's played with Twin B and Yasmin Evans, then at 06:30 by Adele, then Huw during the breakfast show.

1Xtra Breakfast now starts at 7AM, so no news at 6.