Unofficial Mills

Sara Cox On 'Modern Media'

James R

Former Radio 1 ladette Sara Cox has blasted modern media for being too crude, branding Channel 4 programme Come Dine With Me 'raunchy' and rap music 'sexist.'The 39-year-old mother of three, known for her days of hard partying in the 1990s has criticised US rapper Pitbull saying his sexist lyrics 'make her soul weep.'

She said: 'Someone like [rapper] Pitbull on Radio 1 makes my soul weep with the way he sings about women - I just couldn't bear playing that.'

She then turned on Radio 1 for playing tracks that feature 'sexist' lyrics which are rife in hip hop music and modern pop music.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2640386/Sara-Cox-slams-Radio-1-playing-sexist-rap-music.html#ixzz32weMhsZo

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

james_ryder.png

Knowing the Daily Fail, Sara's words have probably been taken completely out of context- I'm sure the thing about Pitbull music making "her soul weep" was a throwaway remark in a typical Sara Cox over dramatic style. Plus, it's a bit rich to say "she then turned on Radio 1", the Mail doesn't give any further quotes to support this, apart from the "Pitbull on Radio 1" remark- it's not quite turning on Radio 1 is it? She just doesn't like some of the music Radio 1 plays, just like every other current DJ and every listener.

Typical Daily Mail, blowing things completely out of proportion to try and spoil someone's reputation. Written by idiots, believed by idiots.

Knowing the Daily Fail, Sara's words have probably been taken completely out of context- I'm sure the thing about Pitbull music making "her soul weep" was a throwaway remark in a typical Sara Cox over dramatic style. Plus, it's a bit rich to say "she then turned on Radio 1", the Mail doesn't give any further quotes to support this, apart from the "Pitbull on Radio 1" remark- it's not quite turning on Radio 1 is it? She just doesn't like some of the music Radio 1 plays, just like every other current DJ and every listener.

Typical Daily Mail, blowing things completely out of proportion to try and spoil someone's reputation. Written by idiots, believed by idiots.

Yes, realising it's the Daily Mail does put things in a totally different context. Personally I wouldn't use it for toilet paper !