6:30am Radio 1 Breakfast show with Nick Grimshaw

8:00am The Best of Radio 1's big weekend - Nick Grimshaw

10:00am The Best of Radio 1 Big weekend - Annie Mac

1:00pm The best of radio 1 big weekend - Scott Mills

4:00pm The best of radio 1 big weekend - Huw Stephens

7:00pm the best of radio 1 big weekend - Zane Lowe

9:00pm Radio 1 stories

10:00pm Phil & Alice

The most surprising thing about that line up is that for the first time in over 2 years Edith Bowman is on during the daytime on Radio One. Does this mean she could still have a future on the station or is it just a one off because she's their only scottish DJ apart from Ally McRae and OBW is coming from there?

I'd like to think it's a mixture of both but primarily I think it's the latter reason. Will the Monday shows be live from Glasgow? Obviously The Breakfast Show will have to be but the other DJ's will have enough time to get back to London. Also, what's with the unusual start time of Danny Howard's Friday show?

Edith Bowman......................... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm also wondering why Danny Howard starts at five to six on the Friday- that's during the news!

Other thoughts- Zane and Dev seems like a strange pairing; cool and excitable Zane presenting with professionally ropey Dev, but could be funny, Grimmy and Dev are good together, and it's a shame Scott has to present with Jameela and Gemma, him and Greg would be way better (I'm assuming Greg is doing the BBC3 coverage instead?).

I'm also wondering why Danny Howard starts at five to six on the Friday- that's during the news!

Other thoughts- Zane and Dev seems like a strange pairing; cool and excitable Zane presenting with professionally ropey Dev, but could be funny, Grimmy and Dev are good together, and it's a shame Scott has to present with Jameela and Gemma, him and Greg would be way better (I'm assuming Greg is doing the BBC3 coverage instead?).

newsbeat will start 5 mins later! I'm guessing it's so the they can have a bit of a build up before an official launch at 6pm

In addition to the Big Weekend, several DJ's will be live from Glasgow everyday until Friday as part of Radio 1's Academy. The schedule is as follows:

Huw Stephens and Danny Howard brought their respective shows live from Glasgow yesterday

Sunday 11 May

1900-2100: Dan and Phil

2100-2200: The Surgery with Aled

Monday 12 May

0630-1000: The Radio 1 Breakfast Show

Tuesday 13 May

1000-1245: Fearne Cotton

2100-2200: The Review Show with Edith Bowman

Wednesday 14 May

1300-1600: Scott Mills (the Chart Update from 1530 is with Jameela but I'm sure if she will be in Glasgow too)

Thursday 15 May

1600-1900: Greg James

2200-0000: Phil & Alice

Friday 16 May

1800-1900: Charlie Sloth

Long time lurker, first time poster! Big fan of Scott's show and Radio 1 in general. Going to Big Weekend next week so figured this was as good a time as any to register!

The Friday night event begins at 6pm which is why I'm assuming Danny Howard is due to start at 5:55pm. He's the first act on the Friday night I think so it will probably be so they can start the event on time (as they'll have strict curfews to meet with the event being in Glasgow city centre).

I've never really understood the pairings they use for Big Weekend. It all seems so random. It's almost like a random draw. I would never have paired Zane and Dev or even Gemma and Scott. Why not Grimmy and Scott? Gemma and Dev? Zane and Huw? Even let Dan & Phil and Chris Stark do a show together? They all seem quite logical pairings. Ah well. Surprised to see Greg not doing any radio shows over the weekend too, the TV coverage doesn't begin until 7pm so he could do an early afternoon slot.

Really looking forward to next weekend though. I've been saying for ages that Radio 1 owes Scotland a few events. We've had nothing except the annual Fringe shows for the last 3-4yrs (not even 1Xtra Live!)

• 4 weeks later...
The most surprising thing about that line up is that for the first time in over 2 years Edith Bowman is on during the daytime on Radio One. Does this mean she could still have a future on the station ?

Well we know the answer to that question now.. :(