Unofficial Mills

Huw in for Scott

abertom

I don't think it's anything more than a bit of variation. Matt would have just covered Scott over Easter for 2 weeks - a third week may be pushing it, especially within a month. It'll be... refreshing to have Huw on, I guess.

I remember back in the day Grimmy covering Scott (and doing a damn good job) on afternoons for three weeks straight.

I would personally have Scott cover breakfast, Matt cover Scott, Dev cover Greg and Alice cover Fearne.

I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully Dev will get Chris Smith in for Rage Against the Answer Machine on Wednesday- he usually does the hosts regular features in his cover shows, plus it will be interesting to see how a different presenter interacts with Chris (who, for the record, I think is the perfect sidekick for Greg- their relationship is reminiscent of Chris Moyles and Comedy Dave back in the day, he's great).

I like you Jordan- I only wish Chris Smith would be on from 4 and stay on until 7, so there could be more general chat around the features with his input, especially between 18:30 and 19:00 when it's literally just Greg introducing songs with no real content. It does seem like Chris is "one of the team" now on Greg's show.

Not so sure about Huw covering, I think Matt's got a much more similar format to Scott and it works much better than having a 'music-oriented' DJ on.

Agree with all above that Greg and Chris Smith sound fantastic. If Greg is the heir apparent to breakfast I hope Chris goes with him to become a permanent contributor.

I like you Jordan- I only wish Chris Smith would be on from 4 and stay on until 7, so there could be more general chat around the features with his input, especially between 18:30 and 19:00 when it's literally just Greg introducing songs with no real content. It does seem like Chris is "one of the team" now on Greg's show.

I think the problem is that Chris bring the main Newsbeat reader does hamper the amount of time he can spend on air. If I'm right Chappers didnt do the sport for the main Newsbeat bulletins leaving that for David Garrido?

Chris I guess has to decide whether he wants to be a full time sidekick or a professional news journalist. Has Chris covered 5 live lately?.

I would like to see Greg & Chris getting the Sat 10-1 slot with prob Danny Howard or Annie Mac on between 4-7

I think the problem is that Chris bring the main Newsbeat reader does hamper the amount of time he can spend on air. If I'm right Chappers didnt do the sport for the main Newsbeat bulletins leaving that for David Garrido?

Chris I guess has to decide whether he wants to be a full time sidekick or a professional news journalist. Has Chris covered 5 live lately?.

I would like to see Greg & Chris getting the Sat 10-1 slot with prob Danny Howard or Annie Mac on between 4-7

Annie Mac or Danny Howard getting weekday 4-7 would be awful.

I don't think I could ever listen to Radio 1 ever again.

Annie Mac or Danny Howard getting weekday 4-7 would be awful.

I don't think I could ever listen to Radio 1 ever again.

oops when I meant Annie or Danny getting 4-7 I only meant for Friday ( one of the hours is all dance music anyway) allowing Greg and Chris to have a Saturday 10-1 music/sport/banter show

If he's the main face of Newsbeat, do you think he'd go with Greg if he ever got breakfast? He is arguably the key to Greg's recent success, so it wouldn't be the same without him. If he did do breakfast, he could still be the main face of Newsbeat- just doing 06:30-12:45 instead of 12:45-17:45, and if anything, it would make more sense. There are many more bulletins in the morning anyway, even though he wouldn't do the 17:45.

If he's the main face of Newsbeat, do you think he'd go with Greg if he ever got breakfast? He is arguably the key to Greg's recent success, so it wouldn't be the same without him. If he did do breakfast, he could still be the main face of Newsbeat- just doing 06:30-12:45 instead of 12:45-17:45, and if anything, it would make more sense. There are many more bulletins in the morning anyway, even though he wouldn't do the 17:45.

I would guess he would just do a swap with Tina, with Tina moving to afternoon bulletins. If Greg did get breakfast I would hope Chris would get a proper role on the show like Dom did, but with Tina at the moment not even in the studio for any part of Grimmy's show, perhaps he wouldn't.

That's because Tina's not really a part of Grimmy's team- she might have been if R1 hadn't been so intent at the start on not creating a zoo format show, but now it's too late to suddenly get her involved. Although, when they did AAA, I was watching the webcam and she seems to go and sit in their studio between bulletins, just not talk outside of the news so much. With Chris Smith it would be different because he's always been involved with Greg's show.

That's because Tina's not really a part of Grimmy's team- she might have been if R1 hadn't been so intent at the start on not creating a zoo format show, but now it's too late to suddenly get her involved. Although, when they did AAA, I was watching the webcam and she seems to go and sit in their studio between bulletins, just not talk outside of the news so much. With Chris Smith it would be different because he's always been involved with Greg's show.

I hope that would be the case!

IMO the zoo format shows have always been the better ones. I wish they would go back to these style shows.

Well they kinda have- Nick Grimshaw has Matt Fincham, Ian and Fiona (whatever happened to that other woman, LMC?), Scott has Chris, and Greg has Chris Smith With the News, and Pippa. If they're not zoo format shows, what is?

These days all breakfast shows are zoo format shows.Scott's show isn't zoo format though.(neither are Fearne or Gregs). Chris is a sidekick ie co-presenter.I'm sure he is paid exactly the same as Scott is (just kidding )

Cara, as a producer, is on a salary banding by the BBC.

As far as I am aware, from when they had AAA last year and he mentioned it, I think that Chris Stark is a "freelance co-contributer". I think he is technically self employed and the BBC must pay his agent an agreed fee. Much like the same set up Chris Moyles, Comedy Dave and Dom were on who werent BBC employees either.