Unofficial Mills

The Radio 1 breakfast show with Scott Mills

abertom

Back Monday 7th April all week

The Matt Edmondson show will be on at 1pm

Grimmy always takes a break in april.He likes to go to the Coachella festival in the USA. The fact Matt is sitting in for Scott all week removes any doubt that he has taken over from Huw as the main stand in for Scott, which is good I think

Grimmy always takes a break in april.He likes to go to the Coachella festival in the USA. The fact Matt is sitting in for Scott all week removes any doubt that he has taken over from Huw as the main stand in for Scott, which is good I think

I agree with the previous post that Matt is now primary stand in for scott, because since he moved to weekends, I've listened to him more and more and his show is very like Scott's.

I agree with the previous post that Matt is now primary stand in for scott, because since he moved to weekends, I've listened to him more and more and his show is very like Scott's.

I really hope that Dev is the main stand in for Greg James, rather than Huw Stephens (as much as I love him!) After Dev moves to weekends, how will he get back on during the week if Scott stands in for Grimmy, Gemma stands in for Fearne, Matt stands in for Scott and Huw is in for Greg?

While painting a lot lately I've listened to plenty of radio, fearne's shoe has very little content, it's fine just could be improved, just cus it's a music show doesn't mean it can't have more personality! Scott's show sounds so good ATM!!! Greg's show is actually very bland! Listening to Huw on Friday was a surprisingly a better listen than Greg on Thursday, Huw has improved a lot! Greg as much as I love him has slowed a little!

hello

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Just wanted to make a brief appearance on here to confess that the boyf (Timsk) and I haven't listened to Scott for rather a long time. My apologies, but his time schedule changes didn't work for us. We have however thoroughly enjoyed tuning in to him again a bit in the morning this week and look forward to next week too. He beats Melvyn Bragg on Radio 4 hands down.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I also approve of Huw. If you have DAB, Lauren Laverne on Radio 6 plays much more interesting music than Fearne at the same time, mind you it is older stuff as opposed to chart tunes. It's a good station. Give it a try.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

It seems like Scott's playing a lot of music for breakfast standards- 6 or so songs per half-hour. It's rather strange, because he just ends up talking for too long and starting songs when it should be time for the news. #TheUltimateInPedantry

The shows great though, I was laughing aloud to myself in bed at "go open a window Gary"- brilliant! Also I loved the One Direction-Bamboleo/Newsbeat Remixes.

I guess he finds it difficult trying to match the afternoon show's top quality with the constant reminders of Newsbeat. Personally I think there is too much news between 0630-0930. The only real break that Grimmy or Scott get is between 0830-0930. If you think about it, there is always 2 songs after the news which average 8 mins then 2 before the news which also average 8 mins leaving DJ's a similar amount of time to talk and do their features

I don't think that's it, because on afternoons the show is still divided up into half hour segments, just instead of the news and two songs on the hour they have three songs, which leaves about the same amount of time. I'm sure Grimmy doesn't play as much music as Scott has in the last two weeks, oh well...

Breakfast has been really good the past couple of weeks. A shame it finishes tomorrow :(

Its become more apparent this week that Scott's show is sounding so good at the moment, much better than the usual breakfast show. In fact, Radio 1 in general has been good on daytime this week. Matt has been great filling in for Scott!

Scott on breakfast, Alice mid morning (think Fearne's show starting to sound a bit samey), Matt on afternoons and Greg on drive time would be a really good daytime lineup IMO, but will never happen though.

Heard a bit this morning, sounds much better than the norm that's on there.. It's always the slot he should of had but never did. Then I guess Moyles and Mills being at Radio 1 the same time as each other, it was either one or the other.

on the grid.

Excellent two weeks of breakfast. Scott being outstanding at what he does aside, his team really does come up with entertaining content at daily basis without fail. I usually listen to his podcasts while walking to work, and I always end up having to stare at the floor more than once to avoid being seen laughing. It was good to listen to him live for a change.

I know this is a Scott Mills site but... I think this last two weeks has really shown his show to be past it - it's trying too hard to be young. The whole thing sounds contrived / scripted and the constant repetition is really irritating. I've been mostly listening to other shows this fortnight - I can't wait for Grimmy to come back. Sorry!

I know this is a Scott Mills site but... I think this last two weeks has really shown his show to be past it - it's trying too hard to be young. The whole thing sounds contrived / scripted and the constant repetition is really irritating. I've been mostly listening to other shows this fortnight - I can't wait for Grimmy to come back. Sorry!

I couldn't agree more.

Many people in the radio buisness this week have said they think Scott "could have ended this week". His show is now been going to long.

Time for a move to Radio 2, which would be great.

I can't wait for Grimmy to be back, I hope he is ok.

I couldn't agree more.

Many people in the radio buisness this week have said they think Scott "could have ended this week". His show is now been going to long.

I couldn't agree more.

Oh I almost forgot to say that I also know loads of people in the radio industry who've been saying that the show is sounding brilliant and that he's on top form.

That's your opinion, don't try and dress it up.

When's Scott's contract up actually ?

it would be great if Scott got a weekday slot on radio 2,maybe replacing Ken Bruce or something. That would probably set him up for the next 30 years or so. I wonder if and when we might start hearing Scott do the occasional cover work on radio 2 like Coxy did in her last couple of years on radio 1

it would be great if Scott got a weekday slot on radio 2,maybe replacing Ken Bruce or something. That would probably set him up for the next 30 years or so. I wonder if and when we might start hearing Scott do the occasional cover work on radio 2 like Coxy did in her last couple of years on radio 1

I can't wait till Scott on BBC Radio 2

But he won't just jump onto the weekdays.

It will be a few years before he gets a weekday show