Unofficial Mills

Alice Levine in for Fearne

abertom

Has anyone added it up since she came back from maternity leave, its so much!! She's only been back 6 months!!! She only does about 4 hours of work a day, she arrives at 9 and leaves at 1!

In fairness to her it's not as if she's lazing about when she's not on the radio.She does her designing stuff and tv shows etc plus shes a mother. That said other DJs manage to fit in their tv work without taking too much time off the radio so maybe Fearnes contract needs to be looked at . I just hope some of this time off is coming off her holiday entitlement!

Whilst it's getting a bit silly with Fearnes continual days off, Alice is sounding great in the slot. The difference between her and Gemma Cairney covering the same slot is massive. She's really talented, I hope she's got a long future at R1.

• 4 weeks later...

I love how positive and genuine Alice always comes across whenever she's on the air. I'm glad she's getting a lot more daytime cover, hopefully there will be some features / callers used during the cover week.

I feel the 10 - 12:45 slot is lacking any real content other than the live lounge at the moment, and it's all on the presenter to fill links with their personality.

Fearne's show even seems to be lacking proper links. For example, look at Grimmy or Scott, they can talk for up 5 even maybe 10 minutes on a given subject but all the speech on Fearne is just song/news intros and the occasional interview from a Live Lounge performer.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Fearne but her enthusiasm for her show has dropped since returning from Maternity Leave. I'm definitely up for hearing Alice on weekdays. Today's show was fantastic!

Loved hearing Alice again on daytime! She really is a great, natural broadcaster.

I like Fearne, but I do think her show is starting to sound very samey. I think it might be coming now to its natural end. How long has she done mid-morning's for now? 7 years?

I wouldn't be surprised if by September Alice replaces Fearne full time. She is perfect for that slot - intelligent, witty and has a real passion for music.

If Alice did replace Fearne, it would also give Phil Taggart a time to establish himself more on his own, and I wouldn't be surprised if, when Zane Lowe decided to leave, he could replace him. Would much rather Phil replace Zane then Huw, and at the moment, I can't think of anyone else but Huw or Phil to be Zane's natural successor.

• 3 weeks later...

Hearing Fearne Cotton talk to Grimmy, looking back at Big Weekend, reminds me of actually how good and passionate Fearne is about music. OK, she gets loads of holiday for some reason, and her shows may sound a little bland at times, but I think Big Weekend has and will bring out Fearne's drive for radio and make us remember why she is at Radio 1. Yes, I think her time is nearly up but the live lounges and her Kings Of Leon interview which will air today surely qualifies Fearne as a good part of the daytime lineup who still is committed to the BBC. I can't imagine a time without Fearne, for now. She's good between Grimmy and Mills, so... well done Cotton, I say!

Hearing Fearne Cotton talk to Grimmy, looking back at Big Weekend, reminds me of actually how good and passionate Fearne is about music. OK, she gets loads of holiday for some reason, and her shows may sound a little bland at times, but I think Big Weekend has and will bring out Fearne's drive for radio and make us remember why she is at Radio 1. Yes, I think her time is nearly up but the live lounges and her Kings Of Leon interview which will air today surely qualifies Fearne as a good part of the daytime lineup who still is committed to the BBC. I can't imagine a time without Fearne, for now. She's good between Grimmy and Mills, so... well done Cotton, I say!

I've warmed to Fearne over the past few months I must say.She seems to be more natural and relaxed on air than she used to be, and a different side of her personality that you see more of on Celebrity Juice is coming out. I quite like her now. Hope she has a nice well earned holiday this week!

• 1 month later...
I've warmed to Fearne over the past few months I must say.She seems to be more natural and relaxed on air than she used to be, and a different side of her personality that you see more of on Celebrity Juice is coming out. I quite like her now. Hope she has a nice well earned holiday this week!

Alice will be practising for her new slot by sitting in for Huw on saturday july 19 and sunday july 20