Unofficial Mills

schedule changes wb March 1st

abertom

Sunday 2nd March

10:00am Alice Levine

Monday 3rd March

4:00am Pete Allison in for Dev all week

Will be good to hear Alice on her own again, shame it's not the 10 am slot in the week.

Looking forward to hearing Pete again in for Dev. Why he isn't replacing Dev on early breakfast I will never know. Gemma over Pete, really?? Come on Radio 1, give Pete a permanent contract.

Sunday 2nd March

Monday 3rd March

Good to see Alice on during the daytime again. Let's hope she becomes the full time cover for Fearne instead of Gemma Cairney eh !

I'm surprised to see that Dev is taking a holiday when he only has a few weeks left on earlies but he does deserve a break. How much longer will Pete Allison be used before he gets his own show I wonder? Could the plan be to give Gemma a prime time slot in a year or 2 with Pete replacing her on earlies?

Good to see Alice on during the daytime again. Let's hope she becomes the full time cover for Fearne instead of Gemma Cairney eh !

I'm surprised to see that Dev is taking a holiday when he only has a few weeks left on earlies but he does deserve a break. How much longer will Pete Allison be used before he gets his own show I wonder? Could the plan be to give Gemma a prime time slot in a year or 2 with Pete replacing her on earlies?

Or perhaps give Gemma the early breakfast for a bit while they let Pete establish himself more, and then give Pete early breakfast?

Or perhaps give Gemma the early breakfast for a bit while they let Pete establish himself more, and then give Pete early breakfast?

It would be nice if they let Pete do a prime time show for a change.Maybe he could sit in for Huw at weekends or something

PS the other changes to the schedule that week include the all female line up on friday march 7 which is ..

7-9pm Annie Mac

9-11pm B.Traits

11pm-1am Heidi

1-3am Essential Mix - Magda

3-5am Annie Nightingale

5-7am Monki

Sunday 2nd March

Monday 3rd March

Perhaps this suggests that Alice Levine is the new stand-in for Matt Edmondson, now that Dev (who has stood-in for Matt for several weekends last year) is moving to weekend breakfast...

Pete Allison: Definitely will have something in the future. I'd like to think that Gemma Cairney is a short-term replacement for Dev. I'd rather her go back to BBC Radio 1Xtra! If she is lined up to replace Fearne Cotton in the future, over Alice Levine, I will be very disappointed in Ben Cooper.

Perhaps this suggests that Alice Levine is the new stand-in for Matt Edmondson, now that Dev (who has stood-in for Matt for several weekends last year) is moving to weekend breakfast...

Pete Allison: Definitely will have something in the future. I'd like to think that Gemma Cairney is a short-term replacement for Dev. I'd rather her go back to BBC Radio 1Xtra! If she is lined up to replace Fearne Cotton in the future, over Alice Levine, I will be very disappointed in Ben Cooper.

Agreed. I guess Gemma must be an aquired taste, but I really cant see how they could ever let her on daytimes. She is like Jameela Jamil, utterly intolerable.

Not necessarily.Devs on holiday himself that week so can't do it.Probably Dev will continue to sit in for Matt after he takes over weekend breakfast with Alice or Adele siting in for Dev

Agreed. I guess Gemma must be an aquired taste, but I really cant see how they could ever let her on daytimes. She is like Jameela Jamil, utterly intolerable.

Luckily, due to R1's weird habit of not letting cover presenters take over slots permanently, I have a feeling covering for Fearne is all she'll get. I think today's performance by Alice Levine at the Brits has cemented her place as the successor to Fearne. She undoubtedly earned herself a lot of fans today and it's unsurprising - she's fantastic !

Question: why does Zane Lowe never cover anyone anymore?

I can think of a couple of shows worth trying him on. Whether he does what Annie Mac sometimes does and sits in during the day and still do his evening show, or move him to a slot for the week and give Huw his gig... I don't know.

Zane's music style would go well on the breakfast show (remember when he did it a few years back?!) He could cover Fearne Cotton... have him on the late-night show 10-midnight one week just for a laugh! He can cover Rob da Bank, any of the dance anthem shows actually, Huw Stephens...

My point being is that I'd rather hear Zane at 10am than Gemma Cairney! Why do we have to have a female sitting in for Fearne all the time?

Question: why does Zane Lowe never cover anyone anymore?

I can think of a couple of shows worth trying him on. Whether he does what Annie Mac sometimes does and sits in during the day and still do his evening show, or move him to a slot for the week and give Huw his gig... I don't know.

Zane's music style would go well on the breakfast show (remember when he did it a few years back?!) He could cover Fearne Cotton... have him on the late-night show 10-midnight one week just for a laugh! He can cover Rob da Bank, any of the dance anthem shows actually, Huw Stephens...

My point being is that I'd rather hear Zane at 10am than Gemma Cairney! Why do we have to have a female sitting in for Fearne all the time?

There's a few other schedule changes for this coming week also.

Monday 24 February

2200 - Phil Taggart presents the show solo

Wednesday 26 February

1900 - Daniel P Carter sits in for Zane.

2200 - Alice Levine presents the show solo

Thursday 27 February

1300 - Matt Edmondson is in for Scott

Friday 28 February

2300 - Toddla T is in for Skream

There was news earlier this month that Benga was 'retiring' from being a DJ yet they haven't changed the name of their show on the schedule. They also still announce Skream and Benga before Pete's show. It's odd.

I have a feeling that they'll get rid of Skream as well and replace him with B Traits.It's so obvious they want her to have her own prime time show on a friday night

I actually really love Skreams show (slightly improved since Bengas taken leave). However I think it would be better suited to Thursday night (swap with Toddla T or a move around for B.Traits) just think since he's gone massively down the house route its turned into 4 sometimes 6 (if the essential mix has a house dj) of non-stop house music. As popular as it is, it can be a bit much some weekends.

hello