Unofficial Mills

RAJAR Q4 2013

BlueSkies

RAJAR's are out next week! (Thu 06 Feb). What do we think?

Last results were particularly bad, especially for Grimmy, but then Q3 is usually the worst one for the year, so I suppose an increase is expected. However, if Grimmy's do go down again and go under the 5.5 million mark, I can't see him on breakfast much longer.

Some figures to compare for next week:

Last RAJAR's (Q3 2013):

Station: 10.83 million

Breakfast: 5.58 million

Last year (Q4 2012):

Station: 11.09 million

Breakfast: 6.69 million

I think Grimmy's listening figures will be in the region of around 5.7 million. His shows are sounding a lot better than this time last year but I think the public are still mourning the departure of Moyles and the team.

Overall, I think R1 will be up on this time last year at around 11 million. The station are planning big things this year with AAA (Access All Areas) starting on Monday and running throughout the month of February and the Big Weekend in Glasgow in May.

R2 will still be the biggest listened to station. On occasion, I have listened to Chris Evans and I really love the idea of his show: A mix of news and music to suit all the family. Whereas R1 only caters for "the kids" like me.

I think Grimmy's will be around 5.6 million, a small increase, but nothing substantial. The show does sound better, but it still lacks anything special, and is no comparison to Moyles. Radio 1 overall, again a small increase as this quarter usually does, but I think they will still not quite make the 11 million mark - perhaps 10.95?

I think Grimmy's will be around 5.6 million, a small increase, but nothing substantial. The show does sound better, but it still lacks anything special, and is no comparison to Moyles. Radio 1 overall, again a small increase as this quarter usually does, but I think they will still not quite make the 11 million mark - perhaps 10.95?

Grimmys audience in Q4 should certainly be higher than Q3 due to college and uni students going back after the summer hols.If not he's in big trouble.It'll probably still be less than 6 million though

Radio 1 attracted 10.97 million listeners during the period (in line with 10.83m last quarter and 11.09m last year) with a share of 6.9%, (from 6.6% last quarter and 7.4% last year). The Nick Grimshaw Breakfast Show added 700,000 listeners over the quarter to register a weekly audience of 6.29 million (5.58m last quarter and 6.69m last year).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/rajar-q4-2013.html

james_ryder.png

• 3 weeks later...

The MailOnline have an article today claiming that the average age of listener at Radio 1 is still 32 despite the station making radical changes to lower the average age. Ben Cooper admits that it is concerning but essentially cannot "make people stop listening" This prompts the question of what more can be done to lower the average age?

The MailOnline have an article today claiming that the average age of listener at Radio 1 is still 32 despite the station making radical changes to lower the average age. Ben Cooper admits that it is concerning but essentially cannot "make people stop listening" This prompts the question of what more can be done to lower the average age?

Let's just hope he's not tempted to replace Scott with one of the younger DJs.