Unofficial Mills

Has Fearne Cotton been suspended over jingle row?

steve24

As you probably know Fearne failed to turn up for her show today and she'll be off tomorrow too. Earlier this week she was attacked for playing a jingle which contained a phrase made imfamous by Ian Watkins, her former boyfriend who was jailed for child abuse just before christmas. http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/139388/Fearne-Cotton-Blasted-For-Using-Mega-Lolz-Phrase-By-Sex-Offender-Ian-Watkins-In-Radio-1-Jingle

Is it possible that Radio 1 have suspended her till the row dies down? Personally I think it would be a bit unfair as she was playing a jingle that's played by every DJ on the station.Maybe shes just off sick ,or maybe she's so stressed out by the fuss she thought it would be better to take a couple of days off. Anyway it was nice to hear Annie Mac back on daytime for the first time in months

We may find Annie covering Fearne when she is ill/on holiday etc more regularly from April when Gemma moves to early breakfast. I doubt Gemma will want to stick around to do 10-12.45 after doing 4-6:30am!

She wouldn't need to stay. They would just get Adele or someone to cover Gemma. Can't say I'm looking forward to listening to Gemma on earlies

james_ryder.png

She wouldn't need to stay. They would just get Adele or someone to cover Gemma. Can't say I'm looking forward to listening to Gemma on earlies

Seems I'm not the only person wondering whats happened to Fearne.. http://www.clickmusic.com/news/article/has-fearne-cotton-been-suspended-over-megalolz-row I note that Annie Mac didn't say whether she would be back on monday or not either