Unofficial Mills

Gemma in for Fearne

abertom

That indicates that Gemma will be the first choice stand in for Fearne from now on. We might not hear Sara Cox on radio 1 again I'm afraid.Still she had a good last year on the station and a new job on radio 2 so she can'rt complain

People said last time that Sara's covering days were over. Then she covered Fearne!

james_ryder.png

Long way to go yet then!

Another indication that Coxy might not be back is that Annie Mac is sitting in for Fearne today and tomorrow .I wonder what's wrong with Fearne.She certainly intended to be on today at the end of yesterdays show. I wonder if it's got anything to do with this news.. http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/139388/Fearne-Cotton-Blasted-For-Using-Mega-Lolz-Phrase-By-Sex-Offender-Ian-Watkins-In-Radio-1-Jingle Do you think she might have been suspended till the row dies down a bit?

Another indication that Coxy might not be back is that Annie Mac is sitting in for Fearne today and tomorrow .I wonder what's wrong with Fearne.She certainly intended to be on today at the end of yesterdays show. I wonder if it's got anything to do with this news.. http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/139388/Fearne-Cotton-Blasted-For-Using-Mega-Lolz-Phrase-By-Sex-Offender-Ian-Watkins-In-Radio-1-Jingle Do you think she might have been suspended till the row dies down a bit?

Sara's down to fill in Monday 17th Feb

• 3 weeks later...

Gemma Cairney is sitting in for Fearne again from monday march 10 to wednesday march 12, pretty much confirming that now Coxys gone Gemma is the new official stand in for Fearne.

Also Matt Edmondson is sitting in for Scott on tuesday march 11 for one day only and Pete Allison is doing Devs show for a 2nd week.Does that mean Devs last early show is friday feb 28? Seems wierd he would take at least 2 weeks off then come back for just 2 weeks

Ridiculous that Gemma is getting daytime cover. Every Facebook post from her always prompts comments about how awful she is. She is a truly awful presenter- no charm, warmth or wit. Quite astonishing that she was deemed worthy of a promotion to early breakfast - can't wait to see how her in-your-face style and fashion talk go down at 4am with the truckers and night workers. Pete Allison or Adele Roberts would be miles ahead of her IMO and either one of them should have gotten it.

Also, why oh why aren't Annie Mac or Alice Levine covering Fearne? Infinitely better than Gemma.

A shame that Scott's off on a Tuesday - Innuendo Bingo and Charlie Sloth day !