Unofficial Mills

What is the echo "ahhhhhh" voice about????

aidab9876

Its a kind of side feature they do, when they mention something a bit nogastlic and not apparent in todays culture, the phrase comes from referencing an old age celebrity who is now a nobody, therefore "WHOOOO?!" Infact I was listening live when Chris first said "whoooo?" about somebody, which I think is where the feature was born from. There have been some brilliant who's!

• 2 weeks later...

The whole thing goes back to ex Radio 1 DJs Mark and Lard. The pair were known for doing daily comedy sketches on their show (and it was much funnier to listen to rather than explain here I assure you). They created a pretend radio phone in quiz where each day Lard would pretend to be a listener phoning Mark at Radio 1 to take part in a name the celebrity quiz. Each day after many clues and a lot of comedy rambling whilst he pondered who the celebrity was, Lard would always fail to get the answer. Mark would reveal the name of that days celebrity to which there would be total silence for a few seconds before Lard at the end of the phone asked 'whooooooooooooooo?' with an upturned lilt on the word that Scott has lost really.

• 1 month later...
The whole thing goes back to ex Radio 1 DJs Mark and Lard. The pair were known for doing daily comedy sketches on their show (and it was much funnier to listen to rather than explain here I assure you). They created a pretend radio phone in quiz where each day Lard would pretend to be a listener phoning Mark at Radio 1 to take part in a name the celebrity quiz. Each day after many clues and a lot of comedy rambling whilst he pondered who the celebrity was, Lard would always fail to get the answer. Mark would reveal the name of that days celebrity to which there would be total silence for a few seconds before Lard at the end of the phone asked 'whooooooooooooooo?' with an upturned lilt on the word that Scott has lost really.

Ah somebody remembers the legends! # It's a mystery! Oh it's a mystery! # That was the quiz!

10 years next month since they left Radio 1, some people who listen now were like 3 years old or something back then. Where the hell has that gone! Credit to Scott really for continuing to use it!

And if you think that's old, then I remember hearing Simon Mayo on Radio 1 mid mornings on sick days off school. OK, I'm running back off to Radio 2 now kids!!

on the grid.

• 3 months later...
Its a kind of side feature they do, when they mention something a bit nogastlic and not apparent in todays culture, the phrase comes from referencing an old age celebrity who is now a nobody, therefore "WHOOOO?!" Infact I was listening live when Chris first said "whoooo?" about somebody, which I think is where the feature was born from. There have been some brilliant who's!

Sorry to bump this up, because I believe it is not good forum etiquette, but does anybody know which show this was/ around what time last year whooing started? It's interesting to hear how it's evolved since I first heard it in about October.

Sorry to bump this up, because I believe it is not good forum etiquette, but does anybody know which show this was/ around what time last year whooing started? It's interesting to hear how it's evolved since I first heard it in about October.

I can't put an exact date on it but it's been, from what I can remember well over a year. Scott and Chris may have been WHOOOO-ing well before but most certainly ramped up a gear since from what I can remember after Christmas 2012 and like what Harry Smyth said there have been some fantastic WHOOOO's! A listener Joe phoned up the show in March and createda game whereby each person has to come up with the obscure 'who's' and has me in stitches everytime. Since then, I've been WHOOOO-ING everything that is a bit "out of target reference".

Ah somebody remembers the legends! # It's a mystery! Oh it's a mystery! # That was the quiz!

10 years next month since they left Radio 1, some people who listen now were like 3 years old or something back then. Where the hell has that gone! Credit to Scott really for continuing to use it!

And if you think that's old, then I remember hearing Simon Mayo on Radio 1 mid mornings on sick days off school. OK, I'm running back off to Radio 2 now kids!!

I spent a few weeks building a garden wall earlier this year and downloaded masses of Mark and Lard shows to listen to whilst I did it. Really was a major loss to broadcasting these two going. The comedy was sensational. Course it sounded a bit weird to passers by as newsbeat of the time banged on about Concorde about to return to the skies after the Paris incident and Nelson Mandela up to this that and the other around the world but, worth it.