Unofficial Mills

RAJAR Q3 2013

BlueSkies

Q3 RAJAR results are out next Thursday (24 Oct). What do we think Radio 1 will get?

Typically this is usually a bad quarter for Radio 1 with the summer holidays. And with the listening age now of Radio 1 being younger, surely this will have an even bigger hit than in previous years.

The figures were slightly up last quarter compared to Q1, however this time I think a decrease is definitely expected. Radio 1 as a whole I think will be under the 11 million mark, closer to 10 million. I think Breakfast will probably be down. Last quarter was 5.89 million. I think this will be down to around 5.5 million.

Q3 RAJAR results are out next Thursday (24 Oct). What do we think Radio 1 will get?

Typically this is usually a bad quarter for Radio 1 with the summer holidays. And with the listening age now of Radio 1 being younger, surely this will have an even bigger hit than in previous years.

The figures were slightly up last quarter compared to Q1, however this time I think a decrease is definitely expected. Radio 1 as a whole I think will be under the 11 million mark, closer to 10 million. I think Breakfast will probably be down. Last quarter was 5.89 million. I think this will be down to around 5.5 million.

Grimmy might take a b it of a hit that's true, b ut it won't be as bad as the first quarters for him ,and in any case i think the 2nd quarters were good enough to secure his future on breakfast for another year at least.As for the station as a whole I think the worst of the loss in audience following the schedule changes have probably been absorbed by now.If I'm wrong then it's a bit of a crisis for the station and even more radical changes can be expected .We can only hope Coopers not stupid enough to swap Scott with Matt Edmondson or anything like that

The figures are in,and it's more bad news for Grimmy and radio one .Grimmys audience has plummeted to just 5.5 million and radio 1 are down overall.Radio 2 have made big gains though http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nick-grimshaw-loses-listeners-bbc-2485942

So Grimmy's figures are just above the low that Sara's were before Moyles replaced her. Some sites seem to be saying that they are the lowest figures in nearly 20 years (I'm guessing not taking into account Sara's low of 5.5 million???).

I know Radio 1 will be saying that it's the audience age that matters, not the figures, but surely they have to admit that they didn't want them this low? If this continues into next quarter, I can't see Grimmy doing Breakfast for much longer. Maybe Greg James had better start getting prepared for the flagship show.

The figures are in,and it's more bad news for Grimmy and radio one .Grimmys audience has plummeted to just 5.5 million and radio 1 are down overall.Radio 2 have made big gains though http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/nick-grimshaw-loses-listeners-bbc-2485942

You might want to to re-read this article as I think you have been confused.

Quarter 3 RAJARS are always a bit of a dip across all stations, including Radio 2. Year on year they have improved, but quarter on quarter they have dropped. Infact in terms of listener numbers, Chris Evans actaully lost more:

Radio 2 Q2 = 15.44m Q3 = 14.94

Chris Evans Q2 = 9.75m Q3 = 9.35m

So although I'm sure Grimmy and Radio 1 are disappointed, it was to be expected, as it across all networks, I gather due to summer holidays. Of the listeners lost, it suggests 72% are over 30, so I think its more about refining audience then losing audience! Still got to feel sorry for the poor guy though!

You might want to to re-read this article as I think you have been confused.

Quarter 3 RAJARS are always a bit of a dip across all stations, including Radio 2. Year on year they have improved, but quarter on quarter they have dropped. Infact in terms of listener numbers, Chris Evans actaully lost more:

Radio 2 Q2 = 15.44m Q3 = 14.94

Chris Evans Q2 = 9.75m Q3 = 9.35m

So although I'm sure Grimmy and Radio 1 are disappointed, it was to be expected, as it across all networks, I gather due to summer holidays. Of the listeners lost, it suggests 72% are over 30, so I think its more about refining audience then losing audience! Still got to feel sorry for the poor guy though!

They will be a bit relieved it wasn't even worse I suppose.Headlines saying 'Grim for Grimshaw' are never good though ,and Cooper would be a lot happier to be talking about a rise in audience today, whatever he says publicly.I suspect the key point w ill come if the figures go below 5 million.That's when Greg James will get the phone call!

I wonder how Scott has done in these figures. If a lot of the older listeners have deserted the station you'd think that might be bad news for Scott since he's bound to have a lot of older loyal listeners.

How embarrassing for the radio one bosses would it be if Scott had a bigger audience than the breakfast show!

Well Grimmy lost 300,000 but remember Radio 1 as a whole lost circa 300,000 listeners in last quater. Poor Grimmy has to take the flack as he is breakfast show host, but all shows would have lost listeners, Scott included. Its normal for Q3 RAJARS to be that way.

Well Grimmy lost 300,000 but remember Radio 1 as a whole lost circa 300,000 listeners in last quater. Poor Grimmy has to take the flack as he is breakfast show host, but all shows would have lost listeners, Scott included. Its normal for Q3 RAJARS to be that way.

I might be wrong but I was under the impression that it was normal for breakfast to lose listeners in Q3 as a large chunk of the target audience aren't awake due to the summer holidays and sleeping in. For Fearne & Scott (and to a lesser extent Greg) there are surely more available listeners who would usually be in school.