Unofficial Mills

Alice Levine covers Drive

abertom

I'd prefer to have Scott do Drive covering, and Alice in for him!

Huw Stephens must b e unavailable that week...

It'll be nice to hear a female voice on a daytime slot other than Fearnes though for a change. I wonder if this means Alice will take over from Coxy as the regular stand in f or Fearne

Really pleased to hear this. Alice seems like a real talent. And she's not Huw for a change, odd that Matt was overlooked and Dev seems to be the bottom of the pecking order for daytime cover nowadays.

I'd have liked to have seen Phil & Alice cover Drive together and give either Matt or Dev the 10pm slot but interesting to try Alice on at Drive

• 3 weeks later...
I love her already. Don't get to listen to her and Phil's 10pm show much but whoever gave her the chance to cover Drive should be applauded. So much better than Huw Stephens. I could easily see her taking over mid-mornings from Fearne in the future.

Agreed, listening also. She's good. A natural on air. Hopefully bosses will realise her talent and when they need a replacement for Fearne they'll replace her with Alice, rather than Gemma or Jameela who I keep on trying to listen to, but their shows are just awful. Alice is very good in the evenings also with Phil. They are both BY FAR the best newer signings Radio 1 have had for a while.

Agreed, listening also. She's good. A natural on air. Hopefully bosses will realise her talent and when they need a replacement for Fearne they'll replace her with Alice, rather than Gemma or Jameela who I keep on trying to listen to, but their shows are just awful. Alice is very good in the evenings also with Phil. They are both BY FAR the best newer signings Radio 1 have had for a while.

Exactly, she's a natural. I can't believe she hadn't done any radio before R1. She's obviously a born broadcaster.

I cannot stand Gemma or Jameela. They reinforce the idea that Radio 1 is dumbing down and come across as airheads. At least Alice is intelligent and funny and seems to understand the medium. Gemma and Jameela are just awful, awful radio presenters. I wish they'd get rid of Gemma, put Dev on weekend breakfast and give Pete Allison early breakfast. Perhaps Adele Roberts for the chart ?

Exactly, she's a natural. I can't believe she hadn't done any radio before R1. She's obviously a born broadcaster.

I cannot stand Gemma or Jameela. They reinforce the idea that Radio 1 is dumbing down and come across as airheads. At least Alice is intelligent and funny and seems to understand the medium. Gemma and Jameela are just awful, awful radio presenters. I wish they'd get rid of Gemma, put Dev on weekend breakfast and give Pete Allison early breakfast. Perhaps Adele Roberts for the chart ?

Completely agree. Would also like to see Dev moved from Early Breakfast, he definitely deserves a better slot by now. Pete Allison I also think is really good. Been listening to his cover work and I'm pretty sure he'll be somewhere on the line up pretty soon. Another natural broadcaster.

Completely agree. Would also like to see Dev moved from Early Breakfast, he definitely deserves a better slot by now. Pete Allison I also think is really good. Been listening to his cover work and I'm pretty sure he'll be somewhere on the line up pretty soon. Another natural broadcaster.

Yeah, I like Dev and he should get a better slot sooner rather than later. The weekend breakfast slot would suit him well. It's been 5 years on EB now, hasn't it?

Pete Allison's only 22 I think and is definitely a star of the future. Again, very natural on-air. I've also listened to his cover work and he's been sounding good. I thought he coped really well with the playout system crashing on Friday ! :D I can also see him getting a slot on R1 soon.

Alice Levine is seriously impressive though. She doesn't rely on radio crutches and I thought she did the Teen Awards bits better than Greg actually. She has just fitted in so well and there have been no awkward moments, no uncertainty, nothing. Very confident on air. I've really enjoyed the show so far.

Really agree with this. Alice is a fantastic, intelligent presenter who actually has a guenuine interest in music. I really hope if nothing else, that Alice becomes Fearnes permenant cover presenter now Coxy has left (sob :crying:) . Im not sure what happened in that blip when they signed Gemma and Jameela. MASSIVE error of judgement. Especially Jameela...

Really hope Alice get a permanent Show in the future what about Grimmy, Alice (after Fearne), Dev (after Scott), maybe Matt Edmonson?, then Phil at 10?

I'd probably say in another 5-6 years:

04:00-06:30 Pete Allison

06:30-10:00 Greg James (with a proper team, zoo style format as Radio 1 will realise that this works better at breakfast. Greg, Laura, Pippa, Chris Smith and Tina could be a really good breakfast team)

10:00-13:00 Alice Levine

13:00-16:00 Scott Mills (hopefully! But, failing that, Dev)

16:00-19:00 Matt Edmondson

19:00-21:00 Zane Lowe (hopefully he can survive the 'get rid of older DJs' strategy as they'd be stupid to let him go)

22:00-00:00 Phil Taggart

06:30-10:00 Greg James (with a proper team, zoo style format as Radio 1 will realise that this works better at breakfast. Greg, Laura, Pippa, Chris Smith and Tina could be a really good breakfast team)

19:00-21:00 Zane Lowe (hopefully he can survive the 'get rid of older DJs' strategy as they'd be stupid to let him go)

Yes maybe, that all sounds good except maybe Huw Stephens where Zane is, even having at 7 Phil Taggart ten at 10 Huw

I'd be hoping...

04:00-06:30 Dev (I'd really miss him so just being selfish)

06:30-10:00 Greg James (I agree a team... Greg, Headmistress Laura, and Chris Smith, I love Greg and Chris together - Greg is at his best with somebody to bounce off)

10:00-13:00 Alice Levine (The biggest surprise of the new signings, likes her music, has a personality and seems so natural)

13:00-16:00 Grimmy (I loved him at night, think he's had a really hard job on Breakfast, feel he's right for here in a chilled lunchtime way)

16:00-19:00 Matt Edmondson (I think he's got something, hope it's a good thing in the yes of others & R1)

19:00-21:00 Huw Stephens (As much as I like Zane, and think he's a great interviewer, I feel the time will feel right for him to move on and it will just sort of happen but in a 'well that feels right' sense')

22:00-00:00 Phil Taggart (I really like Phil, from his daytime cover I feel he needs somebody else there, but this is definitely a good time-slot for him)

I'd be hoping...

04:00-06:30 Dev (I'd really miss him so just being selfish)

06:30-10:00 Greg James (I agree a team... Greg, Headmistress Laura, and Chris Smith, I love Greg and Chris together - Greg is at his best with somebody to bounce off)

10:00-13:00 Alice Levine (The biggest surprise of the new signings, likes her music, has a personality and seems so natural)

13:00-16:00 Grimmy (I loved him at night, think he's had a really hard job on Breakfast, feel he's right for here in a chilled lunchtime way)

16:00-19:00 Matt Edmondson (I think he's got something, hope it's a good thing in the yes of others & R1)

19:00-21:00 Huw Stephens (As much as I like Zane, and think he's a great interviewer, I feel the time will feel right for him to move on and it will just sort of happen but in a 'well that feels right' sense')

22:00-00:00 Phil Taggart (I really like Phil, from his daytime cover I feel he needs somebody else there, but this is definitely a good time-slot for him)

I would change Matt and Grimmy, I really like him. But otherwise sounds a great scedhule- what do you think about weekends?

That would be my exact dream schedule for 3/4 years from now. Love the look of it.

I really hope they aren't stupid enough to let Scott and Zane go. Zane is so enthusiastic and passionate and is such an excellent interviewer and presenter. He also has wide-ranging tastes which is perfect for the show. Also, people under 18 are doing homework/ watching TV/ chatting with their mates after 7pm so I doubt a younger presenter would attract younger listeners. The show is all about the music after all. If they replaced him, would Huw Stephens really be excited about the latest dance track e.g. I couldn't imagine him being excited about Martin Garrix- Animals or Calvin Harris, Alesso & Hurts - Under Control.

R1 had to replace Moyles to send out a message and to attract younger listeners. However, would more young people really listen to the afternoon slot if Matt (for example) was on instead of Scott ? I highly doubt it. Yes, Scott will have some loyal older listeners but his show sounds so young and relevant to the demographic. I don't think R1 will ever have a better afternoon presenter and his show is just a lot of fun and perfect listening in the afternoon. I hope he gets another 2/3 years on afternoons.

Alice seemed to go down really well on drivetime. She's likely to see a promotion away from the 10pm show in the future.

Gemma is full of enthusiasm but I do think her full of life personality is better for television than radio. I've warmed to Jameela, it might be that the chart just isn't the right show to blossom.