Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Fansite

wwcreative

With so many of us clearly big fans of BBC Radio 1, and with fansites for only a couple of the DJs, I have been considering creating a BBC Radio 1 Fansite. Somewhere for fans of all things BBCR1 to go, chat, find news etc.

What do we think? Was going to call it "Listen, Watch, Share..."

That's why there is a section on here for generic radio 1 posts

james_ryder.png

I was thinking about a website actually, because with Chris having left, CM.net is hardly used, and this is mainly focussed on Scott. I think it would be good to have one to give Grimmy and Greg some more limelight, I just dont have the knowhow to design a website - I am more then happy to be an admin for it though if you need one :)

I was thinking about a website actually, because with Chris having left, CM.net is hardly used, and this is mainly focussed on Scott. I think it would be good to have one to give Grimmy and Greg some more limelight, I just dont have the knowhow to design a website - I am more then happy to be an admin for it though if you need one :)

Would be great to get some support coming up with how the site should be laid out and what areas of content etc. it would have.

Drop me a PM and we can throw some ideas around.

I'm not sure it's a great idea. FYI, I ran the JK and Joel fansite between 2005 and 7.

I think the forum format is now coming to an end. You have seen the traffic fall on this forum. Chrismoyles.net is on life support. Its an outdated medium of communication now. Its a shame but thats the way it is. Twitter seems to have filled the gap quite effectively. This site is the best model of any and is now sadly past its peak because the way we communicate and share has changed substantially. You only need to look at the BBC Radio 1 page to see how little is posted now days; a new thread ever 5-7 days. In 2006/7 it would be around 3-4 a day.

I'm not sure it's a great idea. FYI, I ran the JK and Joel fansite between 2005 and 7.

I think the forum format is now coming to an end. You have seen the traffic fall on this forum. Chrismoyles.net is on life support. Its an outdated medium of communication now. Its a shame but thats the way it is. Twitter seems to have filled the gap quite effectively. This site is the best model of any and is now sadly past its peak because the way we communicate and share has changed substantially. You only need to look at the BBC Radio 1 page to see how little is posted now days; a new thread ever 5-7 days. In 2006/7 it would be around 3-4 a day.

Kind of agree. I think 5/6 years ago it would have been a brilliant idea, but Twitter is now taking over discussions. Also, I think the interest in Radio 1 has slightly diminished. People aren't as interested anymore, particularly after all the schedule changes, and the newer Radio 1 listeners that the station is trying to attract don't really use forums, instead again prefer Twitter.

However, if you do create the site, then good luck with it! I'd definitely browse it often. :)

Kind of agree. I think 5/6 years ago it would have been a brilliant idea, but Twitter is now taking over discussions. Also, I think the interest in Radio 1 has slightly diminished. People aren't as interested anymore, particularly after all the schedule changes, and the newer Radio 1 listeners that the station is trying to attract don't really use forums, instead again prefer Twitter.

True. Music is so easy to access right now with the emergence of Spotify, Youtube etc, that the demand for radio seems to be dying out. Especially when people can hear what they want all the time and not have the songs/stuff they don't want in between. Those 10, 11 and 12 year olds that Radio 1 seem to be going for know no different to the twitter, facebook, youtube world.

The time for forums for Radio 1 DJ's, and in my opinion the best times for Radio 1 in general was probably around the late 90's - 2007. The twitter generation do miss out on the community that a forum can offer though, on here I was talking to people on a regular basis from all over the country.

on the grid.

The time for forums for Radio 1 DJ's, and in my opinion the best times for Radio 1 in general was probably around the late 90's - 2007. The twitter generation do miss out on the community that a forum can offer though, on here I was talking to people on a regular basis from all over the country.

Been a big fan of Radio 1 since listening religiously from 2004, and I definitely agree with this. 2004 to around 2008 for me is definitely the time I remember as the golden years of Radio 1. Brilliant line up, fantastic and credible broadcasters, funny shows and shows with proper teams that Radio 1 seem to be getting rid of now. Such a shame at what Radio 1 has now become really... :(