Unofficial Mills

Sara officially moves to Radio 2 (Sounds of 80's)

abertom

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of a low key exit for Sara really considering all the years she's been there, she was the breakfast show host afterall. Won't listen live but will probably save it from listen again. There's only Scott left now really that I can still relate to from when I used to listen to Radio 1 frequently.

on the grid.

The show was basically made up of goodbye messages from people, Sara's favourite music and a game of Real or no real! I can't upload the final link but it was just Sara signing off and the crowd of people around her cheering, before the last song Feel My Love , she read out a list of people and thanked them! I would rate the show a 9.5 out of 10 because it was up there with shows like The Final Chris Moyles Show!

All the best to Sara for the future at radio 2.It was a great send off .It would have been a shame if she hadn't been allowed to do an official last show and at least she doesn't have to fruitlessly hang about for months waiting for the phone to ring for her next bit of stand in duties.

Incidentally her departure means that of the 12 DJs from the 1990s who were still on radio one when Ben Cooper took over as controller 2 years ago just 4 (Scott, Pete Tong,Annie Nightingale and Huw Stephens) are left.(and Huw could only be heard in Wales for the first few years). Sara joins Moyles, Westwood,Trevor Nelson, Judge Jules Fabio and Grooverider and Giles Peterson out the ageism door. How much longer can Scott hold on for I wonder?

To be fair, Trevor Nelson is still at the station doing his Monday-Friday show at the same time as Fearne over on 1Xtra. I think he left his Saturday night show to have more free time as he does his daily 1Xtra show plus a soul based show on Wednesday nights on Radio 2.

I highly doubt that he actually left. His R1 Saturday night show was legendary and was probably his highest listened to show. It was all part of a revamp of Saturday nights and as steve24 points out, Trevor and Westwood were the latest victims of the ageism axe.