Unofficial Mills

Scott Mills on the chart show

steve24

Scott will be sitting in for Jameela on the chart show on sunday august 25 for the first time this year. He's also doing breakfast on fri aug 23 and mon aug 26 while Nick takes yet another break.Huw Stephens is doing Scotts show those 2 days. In other changes that week Pete Allison is doing early breakfast august 26-30 while Dev is on holiday

I'm so happy about these changes, I swear the radio 1 bosses are actually reading these forums and our suggestions re cover! Also Scott deserves this extra cover, he's been working really hard with chris, is willing to put extra hours in and has managed to get half a million extra listeners, a HUGE achievement

hello

Great news more Scott really enjoying Scott on Breakfast at the moment as I don't normally hear him during the day as I work. Don't enjoy Grimmy so enough said. Scott is great at the Chat also.

• 2 weeks later...
Great news more Scott really enjoying Scott on Breakfast at the moment as I don't normally hear him during the day as I work. Don't enjoy Grimmy so enough said. Scott is great at the Chat also.

Scott appears to no longer be on Friday with Grimmy doing breakfast as normal and Huw presenting from Reading Festival. Scott is however presenting Breakfast on Bank Holiday Monday

I'd be interested to see if they keep Matt Edmondson as deputy for Scotts show. I thought he was absoutely excellent in last 2 weeks and doesnt get nearly enough airtime. I think Huw gets a too bigger bite of the cherry, and if he wasnt already in for Zane he would be in for Scott instead. I do like Huw, but its nice to hear Matt Edmondson on a lot more.

Been listening to the chart today and Scott is so much better at it. I love Jameela, but the chart show just isn't her (I enjoyed her doing 7-9 better). Scott makes the show so much more fun, he added anecdotes to the show as well as doing the chart stuff. Jameela just reads off a script.

I was enjoying the show. Until 10 minutes ago when the online visual option started. You can instantly tell that Scott is no longer in charge of the desk as he ended up talking too earlier then the music wasn't faded then turned up again on time. I wish Radio 1 would drop this "TV Show" style idea for the 6-7pm part. I enjoyed it much more when Reggie was behind the desk and the show would sound much more slick today with Scott standing there.

Its actually a bit cringeworthy hearing the chart just because its SO scripted its feels very false! Also, maybe its my inner anorakness, but I quite like watching them drive the desk when they are visualised! Its so much more interesting then just looking at them. The cynic inside me thinks that it was probably because Jameela was just so terrible at working the desk thats probably why they changed the format so a producer does it instead.

• 1 month later...

Scott's presenting the chart show again oin sunday november 3 because Jameela and Matt Edmondson are co presenting the teen awards . Dev will be doing Matts show .The Teen awards run from 1-5.15pm then a shortened chart show with Scott 5.15-7pm

Meanwhile Scotts got the day off on friday nov 8ff so Huw is sitting in that day