Unofficial Mills

FEARNE BACK SEP 2nd!

gregjames94

Nah, she was good maybe 10 years ago, now it's just a middle-aged woman constantly talking about her kids and putting wierd noises in the middle of the sentence. I like her as a person, she's really sweet, but she's Radio 2 material now.

Nah, she was good maybe 10 years ago, now it's just a middle-aged woman constantly talking about her kids and putting wierd noises in the middle of the sentence. I like her as a person, she's really sweet, but she's Radio 2 material now.

I don't think most people who have kids realize that little tales about their kids are only of interest to them. It's such a boring topic for an outsider. I don't really mind the content of her links as much as the cadence of her voice. I need to actually concentrate to understand what she's saying. It's very singsong in quality and it often takes too much effort to follow. She's the only present Radio 1 dj I have this problem with.

That said, I like that she's a genuinely warm person. She's one of the few djs who listens to Radio 1 in their free time (I think Zane Lowe is the only other one I know of) and she remembers things other djs mentioned, which makes takeovers and things like Real or No Real more interesting. It's very sweet. Fearne is proper cold in compression (which is ok as well). The thing is, Fearne as a new Mum, will now probably spend more time talking about her child, than Sara ever did.

Radio 2 are about to announce some changes to their weekend line up ,with 2 of their longest serving presenters leaving,so there's a gap there that Sara could fill. Hopefully ,if she is offered a permanent show on radio 2 there will be an announcement before august 30 so that Sara can have a proper send off.She deserves that after 14 years at the station.It would be a shame if she went without saying goodbye :(

That whole 10-12-45 slot has been a complete void for me since Jo Whiley left anyway. At least Jo knew her music. It's cringeworthy at times hearing Fearne/Sara pretending they give a toss about whoever is performing in the Live Lounge.

Scott has just virtually confirmed that Sara will not be heard on Radio One again after this month. He just said t his is the last chance for her to do innuendo bingo,so unless he's planning to scrap the feature which I doubt, looks like august 30 is the end of Sara on radio 1 :(

Looking forward to the return of Fearne will make me feel young again

God, I should try that one too. R2, whilst often very good, makes me feel ancient. So many of their listeners garden, and I don't garden - I just like to sit in other people's gardens. I don't know if this counts, mind you.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 2 weeks later...

There was the possibility that she might have had a show on weekends on radio 2.There was a 2 hour gap on sunday nights because David Jacobs and Russel Davies shows are ending but I doubt she'll fill it .We'd probably have heard something by today if she was getting a show on radio 2.I'm afraid it looks like she's surplus to requirements for now

Officially she hasn't left Radio 1 but the way all the DJs have made a fuss about her the last couple of days it kinda feels to me like she won't be heard very much o

f in the future.A week in november then a xmas special and that'll be it probably. If Ben Cooper had really wanted her to stay he could have easily have found a weekend slot for her. I wouldn't be surprised if the original plan was for her to go last christmas at the same time as Vernon Kay,but Fearne getting pregnant gave her a reprieve.