Unofficial Mills

Goodbye Tim Westwood.

Melvin

Like to hear what people think. All I am going to say now is I think you can say Tim Westwood is a unique talent. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/23466305

Totally a gree.It's the end of an era. I'm sure he'll be heard on another radio station before long though.He's too big a talent to be lost from radio completely. Guess the writing was on the wall when he was dumped from one extras drivetime show last year :( Also sad to say goodbye to Trevor Nelson after 17 years at Radio One.(although he will still be on one extra during the week). it seems that Ben Coopers cull of the oldies is continuing unabated!

I wonder if any more schedule changes will be announced before next thursdays RAJAR figures are published.We don't know what's going to happen to Sara Cox when she finishes doing Fearnes show for example. Will she be going back to her old sunday show or leaving altogether?

Tim Westwood has been a great servant for the station but it is time for a changing of the guard to Charlie Sloth now, in fact probably should have happened a few years ago when UK grime was at it's peak. I Would like to see Tim stay with the BBC, doing pretty much what he does now, perhaps with more of a nod to older hip-hop, either on 1xtra, 6music or radio2.

Also very happy for Mistajam and Target getting their new shows too!

Tim Westwood has been a great servant for the station but it is time for a changing of the guard to Charlie Sloth now, in fact probably should have happened a few years ago when UK grime was at it's peak. I Would like to see Tim stay with the BBC, doing pretty much what he does now, perhaps with more of a nod to older hip-hop, either on 1xtra, 6music or radio2.

Also very happy for Mistajam and Target getting their new shows too!

Also congrats to Clara Amfo who has been confirmed as the new presenter of the weekend breakfast show

It does seem they have gradually given him less & less and Charlie Sloth more and more so it was only a matter of time

I'm surprised he stayed this long. He left his Drive time slot over a month early so various DJ's had to cover for him and he was due to present a Sunday 7pm slot that never happened

• 2 weeks later...
Will seriously miss him, his final show will have to be a big one, with BIG guests,

In other notes... GET HIM ON INNUENDO BINGO!!!

He still hasn't mentioned anything about his show ending,either on air or on twitter.I wonder if he's in denial.Must be a big blow to his ego to lose out to a much younger man after all those years at the top of his game

Sad loss in a sense. I used to listen back 10-12 years ago when you genuinely couldn't expect to find any new hip-hop music unless you listened to his show. Of course nowadays it's so much easier to source music. Nonetheless, Westwood is such a personality I'm sure he'll be in demand whatever he does.