Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 schedule changes w.b. Sat 22nd June

abertom

Monday 24th June

10:00am Gemma Cairney in for Sara (1 day only)

1:00pm Huw Stephens - Monday-Thursday

Full schedule Fri 25th June

4:00am Dev

6:30am The Radio 1 Breakfast show with Huw Stephens

10:00am Sara Cox

1:00pm Nick Grimshaw at Glastonbury 2013

4:00pm Danny Howard

7:00pm Zane Lowe & B-Traits at Glastonbury 2013

9:00pm Pete Tong

11:00pm Skream + Benga

1:00am BBC Radio 1 Glastonbury essential mix

Interesting have Hue Stephens on breakfast, I personally would have taken a big punt and gone for Matthew edmondson if he was free or even all out and gone for dan and Phil, however see the logic in having Huw as it is a music weekend... Glad Danny is doing drive, enjoyed him over christmas when he did drive for Greg and other times when he's filled in on a friday, he's improved as a presenter and has a good personality. Can't wait for zane and b.traits from Glastonbury and the essential mix later from shrangrila, always a great show!

hello

Interesting have Hue Stephens on breakfast, I personally would have taken a big punt and gone for Matthew edmondson if he was free or even all out and gone for dan and Phil, however see the logic in having Huw as it is a music weekend... Glad Danny is doing drive, enjoyed him over christmas when he did drive for Greg and other times when he's filled in on a friday, he's improved as a presenter and has a good personality. Can't wait for zane and b.traits from Glastonbury and the essential mix later from shrangrila, always a great show!

I think Huw was down as Nick would have been effectively swapping with Scott but Scotts off

I think the reason Huw is doing the breakfast show is that Scott and Grimmy were swapping shows so Grimmy's show at Glastonbury would actually have guests and people to speak to as everyone would be asleep from 6.30-10.00 as Huw is covering Scott he has ended up on the breakfast show.

Beaten to it by Abertom

I think the reason Huw is doing the breakfast show is that Scott and Grimmy were swapping shows so Grimmy's show at Glastonbury would actually have guests and people to speak to as everyone would be asleep from 6.30-10.00 as Huw is covering Scott he has ended up on the breakfast show.

Beaten to it by Abertom

When will Ben Cooper overcome his addiction to using Huw Stephens as holiday cover???????Give Matt Edmondson or Dan and Phil a go please!

PS grimmy is on holiday the following week.I remember him saying he was flying off straight after Glastonbury so I guess Scott will be on breakfast that week

PPS abertom forgot to mention that Alice Levine is on holiday so Phil Taggart is doing the 10pm show on his own all week

Huw will probably cover until a schedule reshuffle, before Huw, it was Dev + Greg who grabbed all the cover (and Sara covering for Fearne)

It has to be earlier than that, I reackon they'll start using Dev (he's not at the uni anymore) or Matt soon.

btw, Grimshaw actually covered Scott's show in 2011 and both Scott's and Greg's shows in 2012. Dev + Greg were before that.

It has to be earlier than that, I reackon they'll start using Dev (he's not at the uni anymore) or Matt soon.

btw, Grimshaw actually covered Scott's show in 2011 and both Scott's and Greg's shows in 2012. Dev + Greg were before that.

Dev does get Bank Holiday and Matts show to cover - problem for him tho is Grimmy seems to (unlike Moyles) actually work Bank Hols

When will Ben Cooper overcome his addiction to using Huw Stephens as holiday cover???????Give Matt Edmondson or Dan and Phil a go please!

PS grimmy is on holiday the following week.I remember him saying he was flying off straight after Glastonbury so I guess Scott will be on breakfast that week/QUOTE]

I agree, Huw covering is pointless he's just seen as a safe pair of hands and doesn't give potential future daytime DJs any experience. Dev, Alice Levine, Matt Edmondson all being obvious examples. Getting them to cover familarises them with the listeners and it's not too demanding for them as they can use the DJs features they're covering often. It's unlikely they'll fall flat on their face and it publicises their own show. To me it seems really obvious that cover should be shared around!

Monday 24th June

10:00am Gemma Cairney in for Sara (1 day only)

1:00pm Huw Stephens - Monday-Thursday

Full schedule Fri 25th June

4:00am Dev

6:30am The Radio 1 Breakfast show with Huw Stephens

10:00am Jameela Jamil

1:00pm Nick Grimshaw at Glastonbury 2013

4:00pm Danny Howard

7:00pm Zane Lowe & B-Traits at Glastonbury 2013

9:00pm Pete Tong

11:00pm Skream + Benga

1:00am BBC Radio 1 Glastonbury essential mix

I don't think I could, although if it was up to me I would make Matt edmondson Scott's regular cover and make Danny howard greys regular cover, he did great when he did it at Christmas and also does great when he fills in for Greg on Fridays ( I would give Fridays to him permeantly, he's very good at filling it in and deserves more than just 3 hours a week!)

hello

Danny Howard sitting in for Pete, June 21 (I know its earlier). I can envision him getting a Friday night slot...

Danny's show would have to change from pop dance remixes to pure electronica like Pete and co or keep dance anthems name and make it Dave Pearce style which I wouldn't mind

james_ryder.png