Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 breakfast show

xmanda89x

Any thoughts on Grimmys future? I have to admit, I like the guy and I think he does well with it, but as we all know his ratings are rubbish. I am genuinely thinking Dan and Phil might be good contenders to take over. I know that they've only just started, but they have done really well and let's be honest they definitely get that younger audience in.

Younger audience and bigger audience are not the same thing. Grimmy has got a far younger audience than Moyles I'm sure. For what it's worth, Radio 1 is a public service broadcaster, not a commercial entity, so ratings aren't the be-all and end-all. Grimmy is doing a good job and I imagine the bosses at R1 are pretty pleased with how he's going at the moment.

Younger audience and bigger audience are not the same thing. Grimmy has got a far younger audience than Moyles I'm sure. For what it's worth, Radio 1 is a public service broadcaster, not a commercial entity, so ratings aren't the be-all and end-all. Grimmy is doing a good job and I imagine the bosses at R1 are pretty pleased with how he's going at the moment.

Yeh?! Many of the listeners are STILL in the 50+ bracket are they not? So... he is hardly a success.

I predict he will be replaced sooner than we think. Hopefully by someone who is a career DJ rather than getting by on celeb. connections.

Once R1 finally gets savvy, realises that people of all ages would like some new music, we may see some progress. Or, in other words, get back to the good times.

Actually, R1 are like a musical version of the current Government - arrogant, making decisions leading nowhere, and not having the grace / common sense to back-track.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Yeh?! Many of the listeners are STILL in the 50+ bracket are they not? So... he is hardly a success.

I predict he will be replaced sooner than we think. Hopefully by someone who is a career DJ rather than getting by on celeb. connections.

Once R1 finally gets savvy, realises that people of all ages would like some new music, we may see some progress. Or, in other words, get back to the good times.

Actually, R1 are like a musical version of the current Government - arrogant, making decisions leading nowhere, and not having the grace / common sense to back-track.

Whether you like it or not, Radio 1 is funded on the basis that it provides for its target age group. That is the basis for its entire existence.