Unofficial Mills

Chris Moyles to return to Radio One?

steve24

I've been thinking about this since last thursdays RAJAR figures came out.They were far worse than expected, and I just wondered might they increase the chances of Moyles being brought back to a prime time s lot to maybe shore things up for a while.Not on breakfast of course,but maybe another prime daytime slot.His current contract expires in january so a new one would have to be agreed to do a new show.What do you all think? Should he come back or has his time on radio one come and gone? I'd love to see him back

There's no doubt he remains one of the biggest talents that the station has ever had, and it's a shame that he's doing nothing right now.

I've been thinking about this since last thursdays RAJAR figures came out.They were far worse than expected, and I just wondered might they increase the chances of Moyles being brought back to a prime time s lot to maybe shore things up for a while.Not on breakfast of course,but maybe another prime daytime slot.His current contract expires in january so a new one would have to be agreed to do a new show.What do you all think? Should he come back or has his time on radio one come and gone? I'd love to see him back

There's no doubt he remains one of the biggest talents that the station has ever had, and it's a shame that he's doing nothing right now.

The problem is where would he go? He won't have Scott's slot as he has a contract in that for three years, and I definitely don't want to see Scott shifted from daytime. And then Greg has only done one year on drive time, and I can't see them wanting to move him as the point of swapping Scott and Greg was to get this new young audience, and changing Greg to elsewhere will look like they've failed in their achievements. Also, when Greg swapped with Scott, yes there was a slight dip in audience figures, but it seems to me that its since Grimmy has started on breakfast that the big decrease has happened.

Really, I think Chris should have gone straight to drive time once he finished on breakfast, but with the station wanting this new, young audience, I suppose that was never going to happen, as they'd already decided that the two main DJs at the stations were going to be Greg and Grimmy, getting rid of the Moyles and Mills era :(

The only chance I think we will see Chris return is if Ben decides or even Grimmy decides that after a year to leave breakfast, thus Greg will most likely takeover breakfast, leaving drive time open to Moyles perhaps. However, I think if that scenario did happen, Matt Edmondson would probably take drive time.

I'd LOVE to see Moyles back, and I was hoping that by last April we would have seen his return to the station in some way, but I think that bringing Moyles back would be like Ben Cooper admitting he made a mistake.

The two main obstacles to Moyles returning are the egos of Chris and Ben Cooper

Third: Chris's age. Fourth: Chris's older audience base, which would skew the average listener age upwards even further.

R1 doesn't appear to care about the overall listener figure, as long as they're hitting the average listener age target.

He is, indeed, one of the station's biggest talents, but I really doubt he would touch R1, or they would touch (re-employ) him in the future.

I can't help but think (as well as the "ageist" stuff) his rants about not being paid, etc. have not helped.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• 2 weeks later...

The question has been answered it seems -

Chris Moyles’s BBC radio comeback has been axed after talks about where to put him failed, a source claimed.

Bosses insisted the loudmouth DJ, 39, was not being sacked when he left his breakfast slot in September.

But executives at Radio 1, 2, and 5 Live are said to have gone cold on his return.

A source said his BBC comeback is now “highly unlikely”.

They added: “He wasn’t very keen on their offer of a late-night slot and stalled talks for a long time, so bosses gave it to another pair of DJs in January.

“Some of the other suggestions were launching new projects on Radio 2 or on Radio 5 Live, but executives weren’t convinced he was right for their audiences.

“It looks like if there is any chance of a radio comeback, it won’t be on the BBC.”

Chris’s £1million deal had been due to continue until the end of this year, but it is understood he is no longer being paid by the Beeb.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/bbc-shelves-plans-chris-moyles-1929988