Sunday 26th May

7:00am Adele Roberts

10:00am Matt + Sara

1:00pm Huw + Grimmy

4:00pm Scott Mills + Jameela

7:00pm Gemma + Dev

10:00pm Phil + Alice

Bank holiday as normal schedule except Adele in for Dev

Zane + Gemma Cairney should be something!

Perhaps it will be Zane in the studio cutting to the headliners and Gemma as sort of a roving reporter role. Sometimes they co-host and sometimes there is a lead DJ and a roving person.

Scott & Jameela are a good pair

Zane + Gemma Cairney should be something!

Yes it should be, maybe Radio 1 know what they are doing... All I say is one of my top five radio DJ of all time (Zane) with one of my least favorites.

I am looking forward to Sara and Matt the best of the old guard with the best of the new crop. :)

interesting choices... really pleased about sara and matt/ scott and jameela known they will be fine... really not sure about zane and gemma, all i'm saying is it will be a tough few hours for zane... Great to see phil and alice keeping the 10pm slot especially as this is phil's local area, he could quite easily fit into the bbc three coverage because of this... good to see adele roberts in the morning as well, she is much better than gemma! not sure about Huw and Grimmy, they did hackney with each other... they get on well but it just sounds to odd, they have different on air personalities in that Huw is more chilled... Lack of greg james though, take it he'll be doing the bbc three coverage again, let's hope its not like last year at hackney, him and fearne are possibly the least hackney people you could have got to do the show, same as Derry coverage, get Phil Taggart on that!!

hello

Greg James and Alice levine are doing BBC3's coverage which explains his absence from the R1 schedule http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/big-weekend-bbc-three.html

Alice Levine seems to be going from strength to strength so soon after joining Radio One.She's sitting in for Coxy tomorrow live from the Radio Academy in Derry too. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot more of her on daytime R1 in the months ahead!

Alice Levine seems to be going from strength to strength so soon after joining Radio One.She's sitting in for Coxy tomorrow live from the Radio Academy in Derry too. I reckon we'll be hearing a lot more of her on daytime R1 in the months ahead!

She's my bet for next breakfast host..

Couldnt agree more with this!

I agree as well. I, personally, would much rather see Alice covering/taking over mornings from Fearne than Gemma.

How is Alice going to do 10pm on Radio 1 when she is fronting BBC Three covering till 11pm both nights?

Also, how can Alice get a slot (with Phil) during the weekend, but Greg doesn't even get to co-host a daytime slot? Or does he not get a weekend slot as his Friday show is coming from there?

I agree as well. I, personally, would much rather see Alice covering/taking over mornings from Fearne than Gemma.

How is Alice going to do 10pm on Radio 1 when she is fronting BBC Three covering till 11pm both nights?

Also, how can Alice get a slot (with Phil) during the weekend, but Greg doesn't even get to co-host a daytime slot? Or does he not get a weekend slot as his Friday show is coming from there?

Most of Fridays schedule will be as normal but likely from the area as an OB. Phill & Alice only do Monday to Thursday 10-midnight

james_ryder.png

I agree that the lack of Greg is a little odd, even considering his tv role, Alice will be on air after all. Also looks like Adele will be coming from London and doing a double shift with her 1xtra show also at 13:00. That's a shame really, I used to like listening to the early breakfast build up, especially the year they were in Bangor when Edith did it from the 'team hotel'. Also, great gig for Gemma getting the prime-time headliner slot. Seems a little weird not to have Scott or Grimmy on the Sunday though, no?

Also might be of interest that Lauren Laverne was tweeting that she was filming Glasto promo with Greg, Gemma and Jo Whiley this afternoon, implying that they'll be doing the tv coverage for that :)

I agree that the lack of Greg is a little odd, even considering his tv role, Alice will be on air after all. Also looks like Adele will be coming from London and doing a double shift with her 1xtra show also at 13:00. That's a shame really, I used to like listening to the early breakfast build up, especially the year they were in Bangor when Edith did it from the 'team hotel'. Also, great gig for Gemma getting the prime-time headliner slot. Seems a little weird not to have Scott or Grimmy on the Sunday though, no?

Also might be of interest that Lauren Laverne was tweeting that she was filming Glasto promo with Greg, Gemma and Jo Whiley this afternoon, implying that they'll be doing the tv coverage for that :)

Grimmy and Scott are doing Sunday with Huw and Jameela respectively but in afternoon

I think it's because there's a lot of rehearsal and prep during the daytime for tv,so Greg is unavailable during daytime.Alice will be available at night once she finishes her tv stuff though

Anyone else think it seems a little low key this year? The academy being the week before certainly didn't help. Also, I realize they want to move away from the 'Moyles era' and do different stuff but atleast one show (Grimmy) should have been coming from a cottage near Derry through this week. I hope Grimmy has a site tour video up for his show tomorrow..

Also is Sara still going? The schedule has changed to just Matt 10-1. That will be a big gig for him on his own, I wonder if they'll jig the schedule around a little to bring him in a co-presenter? I think Sarah Jane from 1xtra's going to be there, and Charlie Sloth.

Sadly Sara will not be going to One Big Weekend..I'm guessing her recent injury is the reason she's not going.Also shes going to be doing early breakfast on radio 2 all next week as well as her radio one show so maybe the bosses thought she neded a bit of time off

Sadly Sara will not be going to One Big Weekend..I'm guessing her recent injury is the reason she's not going.Also shes going to be doing early breakfast on radio 2 all next week as well as her radio one show so maybe the bosses thought she neded a bit of time off

She's been taken off Radio 2 cover next week as well. Presumably its so she doesn't do too much

Zane Lowe + Gemma Cairney are so funny together I am loving it. They are chalk and cheese like when Biffy poped in for a chat, Zana talk to then about there new album what a big project it was and where they are going to tour soon and Gemma asked would they take there trousers off on stage...

I've always hated Jameela, especially when she was on T4and Playing It Straight, cuz I couldn't avoid her. She is goddamn annoying and whiny. So as much as I wanna listen to Scott, I really don't want to at the same time.

Was it Jameela that was talking about seeing The Great Gatsby at the cinema the other day, and she was like 'there's this actor in it called Scott Fitzgerald who apparently is really good.' I cringed and had to turn off. That might have been someone else though, I'm not sure.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.