Unofficial Mills

Moyles Quiz Night Axed

James R

Loudmouth Chris Moyles’s bid to launch a TV career has taken a major blow after Channel 4 axed his show, privately declaring that ‘he just doesn’t work on screen’.

Since being dumped by Radio 1’s breakfast show, Moyles, 39, has made TV stardom his goal, even shedding over 5st to be more appealing to HD cameras.

The DJ has also cut ties with his loyal agent of ten years, Vivienne Clore, to sign with James Grant, the agency that represents prime-time stars Ant and Dec, Holly Willoughby and Vernon Kay.

However, Channel 4 bosses have decided Chris Moyles’s Quiz Night, which ran for six series between 2008 and 2012, will not return.

And they do not want to work with the DJ on another project.

Meanwhile, Sky Living dating show, Love Machine, which he hosts with former X Factor contestant Stacey Solomon, is also unlikely to be back.

My Channel 4 insider explains: ‘We tried with Chris. But the reality is he just doesn’t work on screen.

'Viewers never took to him. The problem wasn’t with the Quiz Night format, it was with Chris himself.’

Moyles had hoped to make another series of Quiz Night following his stint as King Herod in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s touring production of Jesus Christ Superstar.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2311400/INSIDE-THE-BOX-TV-thumbs-radio-star-Chris-Moyles.html#ixzz2R5tWIU6N

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

james_ryder.png

I feel sorry for Chris Moyles.it's starting to look like his career is at a bit of a dead end .I'm surprised that he hasn't found something to do on tv or radio by now..he's one of the most naturally gifted radio DJs in the country.I think his reputation has put a lot of potential employers off, sadly :(

I feel sorry for Chris Moyles.it's starting to look like his career is at a bit of a dead end .I'm surprised that he hasn't found something to do on tv or radio by now..he's one of the most naturally gifted radio DJs in the country.I think his reputation has put a lot of potential employers off, sadly :(

I feel so damn sorry for him as well. Seems it was OK when he was at the top at R1... now everybody appears to be turning on him. Such a talented DJ... but it could be the reputation... one rant too many ... who knows.

BTW, Moyles.net's home page says he is considering projects in America. You never know with all of this... the articles so often have the words "insider / source", etc., etc.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

No offense to Chris because I think he's a great DJ and presenter, but if UK networks are telling him he isn't camera-friendly then he's got no chance in hell of landing a gig on TV in America. He was rumored to be in talks with Sirius satellite radio a couple years ago, and I have to admit that I'd probably re-subscribe if they brought him on board.

• 2 weeks later...