Unofficial Mills

No Sony For Breakfast

James R

Radio 2 DJ Chris Evans, who will present the awards at London's Grosvenor House Hotel next month, is among the nominees for the breakfast show of the year prize.

But there was no nomination in this category for Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw, whose first and only consideration comes for best use of multiplatform.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22096658

james_ryder.png

1. I did not create the topic, so don't appear to have a "headline".

2. What kind of "award" is that?? It is like the equivalent of an award for putting clothes together for daleks, only to discover you are about to be exterminated.

Anyone with half a brain cell knows Grimshaw is only in the job because of his "celeb" mates. And the current "celeb" culture.

All hail, Moyles - missed and loved every day.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

1. I know you didn't create the topic but you attempted to create a headline saying "moyles will be gleefully clapping his hands" how would you know?

2. *is it, also what are you one about, the Sony radio awards are the industry accepted radio awards just like the oscars for for film and the BAFTAS for British television.

3. Not true, Ben cooper put him in the job to lower e average age of listener, he believes in grimshaw because he is genuinely passionate about NEW music, he has good humor and is an excellent interviewer whether it be an a-lister or just a listener who has phoned in.

4. Hardly anyone hails moyles, they enjoyed (notice past tense) him but never hailed him.

5. Actually 15-29, massive exaggeration on your behalf.

Peace out....

hello

Well I'm glad to see that Sony have (for the time being anyway) had the brains not to give breakfast anything.

As much as I miss Moyles and the team, I accept they're gone now and that things move on even though the show still had a couple years life left in it yet. The problem time and time again comes down to his successor being someone who is unfit to have a show of that level. I absolutely cannot bear Grimshaw and frankly the fact that he walks the planet is saddening. He, and Radio 1 just come across as a bit fake to me now. The name dropping and obsession with the current big thing is ridiculous, particularly when you consider it will no doubt be replaced by some equally talentless or pointless creatures once their 15 minutes of fame is up.

Most people seem to think this breakfast issue is all about getting Moyles back, but many don't take notice of the fact that is it manly a problem a lot of us have with Grimshaw and what he represents.

Not impressed with censorship

cxx666

The part about the show still having a couple of years left I think is matter of opinion... However personally I feel that it had reached the end and it was lucky it had lasted until now, there was a point around 2008 when I feel that Scott could have definitely taken over the show.

I accept that you cannot stand the man however wishing he didn't exist is a massive exaggeration and genuinely unfair.

Also how much of his show have you actually listened to? Just wandering because that's not really what he does?

Out of interest, who did you want to succeed Moyles?

hello

With Grimmy I do like The Waking Up Song and the beds he uses however not a fan of Showbot. I've listened to quite a few shows, not the whole way through as usually on the way to work but when it's the team talking I enjoy it. Have to turn off at Showbot though and listen to Thingymijig on Key 103 :)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

GJ94

I don't think its unfair to say I wish Grimshaw's existence wasn't something we had to put up with, out of curiosity how can you describe my feelings on someone as being a "massive exaggeration"?

I'd have liked to have had Greg or Scott as his successor. People who are fit to host a major show on one the biggest stations in the UK, not someone from this self appointed cool and faddish crowd we seem to have been lumbered with. I wasn't keen on Matt Edmonson to begin with either but I have managed to develop a tolerance of him mainly due to the fact I think there is an element of parody with his show, I'd even have been able to get used to that, but I'm sorry Grimshaw is not someone I am willing to endure on anything whether it be tv or radio.

Not impressed with censorship

1. I know you didn't create the topic but you attempted to create a headline saying "moyles will be gleefully clapping his hands" how would you know?

2. *is it, also what are you one about, the Sony radio awards are the industry accepted radio awards just like the oscars for for film and the BAFTAS for British television.

3. Not true, Ben cooper put him in the job to lower e average age of listener, he believes in grimshaw because he is genuinely passionate about NEW music, he has good humor and is an excellent interviewer whether it be an a-lister or just a listener who has phoned in.

4. Hardly anyone hails moyles, they enjoyed (notice past tense) him but never hailed him.

5. Actually 15-29, massive exaggeration on your behalf.

Peace out....

To no. 1: It is the kind of thing I would do !!

To no. 2: Sony clearly knew NOT to put Grimmy up for any brekkie awards. Moyles would NEVER have been put up for multi-platform. He was a legendary broadcaster with energy and genius. I know Coxy says he has moved on, but he really had no choice?!?!

To no. 3: Grimshaw may be passionate about new music, but the show is still aimed at a certain "culture" within that target range. The cool types with all the right clothes and hairdos.

To no. 4: I hailed Moyles.

To no. 5: massive exaggeration..... yup !! But a lot of the 20+ people appeared to have cleared off.

One final thing: NOTE the specific lack of articles posted on here about Grimshaw. Newspaper/magazine articles. He has the top Show, yet does anyone really want to discuss him on here???

No. Not really.

I would go as far as to question the number of brain cells of people who actually love Grimshaw with a passion?! ? But then, that is what it's all about - empty headed culture !!

I just think its a bit far to wish for somene to be dead, although if that's your opinion fine...

Viv: fair enough! On the lack of magazine articles, not really true, the discussions on this forum that is because it is a Scott mills forum, he is mainly discussed on a thing called tumblr (I don't know much about it) but just search grimmy, nickstape, team bc, breakfast show and lots comes up on him and the show... Also twitter, admittedly not as much as Moyles.

Harkinson: sadly this is very true, I've seen a lot of "it's not the same!"

Also would have to agree with previous page, think grimmy is a great listen, but showbot is really crap, genuinely think it's a rubbish feature, fins ham, you're better than this!!

hello

I just think its a bit far to wish for somene to be dead, although if that's your opinion fine...

Viv: fair enough! On the lack of magazine articles, not really true, the discussions on this forum that is because it is a Scott mills forum, he is mainly discussed on a thing called tumblr (I don't know much about it) but just search grimmy, nickstape, team bc, breakfast show and lots comes up on him and the show... Also twitter, admittedly not as much as Moyles.

Harkinson: sadly this is very true, I've seen a lot of "it's not the same!"

Also would have to agree with previous page, think grimmy is a great listen, but showbot is really crap, genuinely think it's a rubbish feature, fins ham, you're better than this!!

Fair enough. For all I have said, I may give him yet another try *sighs* - it is so damn hard getting over Moyles, even months on. Evans doesn't do it for me either, tbh *sighs* R1 just left their listeners in a mess.