Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Competition Error

James R

BBC forced to apologise to Radio One prize winners after 'failed promise' to meet One Direction at concert turned into the 'disappointment of a lifetime'

• Two girls won BBC radio competition to see One Direction and meet band

• They spent £350 to travel to Belfast for special 'meet and greet' with Harry

• But on arrival they were told: 'Sorry, you won't be meeting your heroes'

• Then found that their winning seats were a 'long way from the front'
  • Have made a complaint to Ofcom, which is now investigating it

Two girls who won a Radio 1 competition to meet One Direction experienced the 'disappointment of a lifetime' when the offer was withdrawn - and then they got seats at the back of the concert hall.

The BBC was forced to apologise after friends Hannah Hastings, 20, and Louisa Marsden, 21, complained they travelled to the show in Belfast under 'false pretenses'.

The girls spent £350 on flights and a hotel to meet their heroes and were also promised the best seats in the Belfast Odyssey Arena. But in reality they were a 'long way from the front'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2296869/BBC-forced-apologise-One-Direction-prize-winners-failed-promise-meet-band-turned-disappointment-lifetime.html#ixzz2OCPXaP9R

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

james_ryder.png

See what happends when Radio 1 try to do a Capital Style competitions.... Radio 1 stick to what you know best don't go for the pop thing.

Don't go for the pop thing? Bear in mind quite a lot of the music they play is pop music, although not all, so that's a part of their station format..

I don't know why they've suddenly started doing competitions, they hardly ever used to apart from the big weekend & new dance dj thing

I wouldn't complain, it can't be a bad thing, surely the opportunity to win stuff must be good :P

• 1 year later...

I'm really enjoying his weekend show actually. He's the only one I can actually tolerate out of the weekend line up.

I dont know why, I just dont get Dev. And I'm not awake before 6:30, so thankfully dont have to hear him, so dont really mind if he stays there!

riham

I'm really enjoying his weekend show actually. He's the only one I can actually tolerate out of the weekend line up.

I dont know why, I just dont get Dev. And I'm not awake before 6:30, so thankfully dont have to hear him, so dont really mind if he stays there!

I prefer Dev to Gemma but I've got used to listening to Gemma now. Rarely hear Dev now

james_ryder.png