Unofficial Mills

Scott Mills: "In 2007 I was offered Breakfast"

fathomer90

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/scott-mills-reveals-he-was-offered-coveted-radio-1-breakfast-show041012

Gay DJ Scott Mills has revealed he was offered the coveted BBC Radio 1 breakfast show in an exclusive interview with Gay Star News.The British radio host, 38, said, at the time when Chris Moyles had been rumored to leave, the BBC told Mills he would have the coveted spot if Moyles had left.

He said: ‘Do you know what, around 2007/08 there was big word on the street that Chris Moyles was going to go and I was told by them at the BBC that I was going to be doing it, if he left.

‘And I feel that I have kind of missed the boat now and I don’t really mind.

‘If Chris had left then and I didn’t get it I would have been pissed, but bless him, Chris held onto the boat and stayed on. It’s a lot of pressure and I wouldn’t want to do it.’

Fellow gay DJ Nick Grimshaw, 28, has taken on the peak time radio slot on the popular music station.

Mills also told GSN he would likely be leaving after his contract ends in three years.

‘I have been there for flipping ages,’ he said. ‘There comes a time where you hear if people are too old for Radio 1.

‘I don’t think I’m there yet, but at some point you have to stop. You naturally become less interested in that massively immediate pop culture. It’s a huge young market and things change so fast.’

Mills hosts the afternoon slot during the weekdays on Radio 1