Unofficial Mills

Your Views: 28 January to 1st February 2013 !!

Viv

Another week.... Mills is just back from Iceland (I have been there many a year ago).... Lovely place which you may hear about from Scott. Loads of outdoor heated pools, although the water smells of rotten eggs because of the high sulphur content apparently (?) - (very good for ya apparently). **

** Eau de Egg - perfect for attracting the opposite sex.

Tune in.... www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/scottmills/

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Question: does anyone else feel a sense of impending doom in light of recent departures from the show?

yup. Not a nice thing to say but the words "sinking ship" spring to mind.

The Show IS still good some days, but the edgy days are long gone (R1 don't want that anyway).

I don't think he would go back to weekends, Abertom. Like Moyles.... once you have been at the top, you ain't gonna take a step down... Think Mills will go quite calmly to R2, although I think it will take him a while to fit in. There was a discussion about marmalade last week, and I can't see Mills readily taking part in this kind of "old" drivel either.....

Must be damn difficult after working at R1... where do you go? What do you do? Mind you, Jo Whiley managed it. Switched her on the other day, and she was sounding good.

yup. Not a nice thing to say but the words "sinking ship" spring to mind.

The Show IS still good some days, but the edgy days are long gone (R1 don't want that anyway).

I don't think he would go back to weekends, Abertom. Like Moyles.... once you have been at the top, you ain't gonna take a step down... Think Mills will go quite calmly to R2, although I think it will take him a while to fit in. There was a discussion about marmalade last week, and I can't see Mills readily taking part in this kind of "old" drivel either.....

Must be damn difficult after working at R1... where do you go? What do you do? Mind you, Jo Whiley managed it. Switched her on the other day, and she was sounding good.

It can be done, Mark Radcliffe, Dave Pearce, Simon Mayo, Jo Wiley were at Radio 1 not that long ago. OK, Simon Mayo left in 2001. But they can fit in, and all this Ken Bruce wooden type Radio is being slowly driven away from there. Radio 2 could turn into Radio 1 from 1999, which is perfect if they want to attract a new crop of disgruntled listeners in their 20's such as me away from Radio 1.

on the grid.

Ken Bruce wooden type Radio is being slowly driven away from there. .

Really?! I find Bruce has more personality than Evans. This morning Evans was discussing WHALE VOMIT, immediately followed by choons from the 60s and 70s.... yup, I really need to give Grimshaw another chance.

That's a far cry from his 1995 days. What's happened to him!?

I was listening to Simon Mayo yesterday, he hasn't changed much since his Radio 1 days so I find him listenable. Don't forget though, Radio 2 have to follow a playlist like Radio 1 DJ's, they don't just play what they want.

on the grid.