Unofficial Mills

Beccy to leave The Scott Mills Show!

Harkinson

Really sad news :(

Unfortunately though I have kind of been waiting for it with her ill health the past year. When Beccy didn't announce she was leaving before Christmas I thought that, for now anyway, she would remain on the show.

Beccy has been a fantastic team member, and she will be really missed. What with Moyles leaving, Scott being swapped to afternoons and now Beccy leaving the show, all the bits I love about Radio 1 are vanishing.

Good luck Beccy for the future, and with your health. You will be missed.

I am just so gutted that my favourite member of the team is leaving. Not only is it a great loss to losing her to an off-air role when she is just SO witty and contributes so much value to the show, its just upsetting her MS has led her to having to take a part time role. MS has such a devestating impact on peoples lives and when it affects members of my family, I can understand what she is going through. However, she is dealing with it with such courage and determination and is such a credit to other MS sufferers.

I gueninely wish her the best and hope she doesnt distance herself too far from Scott Mills show, hope we keep updated on how she is and what she is up to. I think whoever is the new AP has big shoes to fill! Its just such a shame she had to leave for these reasons.

I thought I'd just sign off this post with a brilliant picture Beccy posted over Christmas...

post-10105-145327885987_thumb.jpg

Beccy was saying on twitter that she is going full time with the Impact and Development team/big events. I'm slightly confused/in mourning, so maybe I dont fully understand the situation but I thought her diagnosis of MS meant she had to go part time due to physical excertion of a 5 day commute from Reading but it seems she is moving to a full time, off-air role. Can anyone explain this decision for me?

So sad.... Only quite recently she was running around the Fringe Festival - that's when I met her - an efficient lady (not really like her on-air slightly "ditsy" persona really). She is showing such courage in dealing with the entire situation as well.

I am truly sorry it has come to this. :-(

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Beccy was saying on twitter that she is going full time with the Impact and Development team/big events. I'm slightly confused/in mourning, so maybe I dont fully understand the situation but I thought her diagnosis of MS meant she had to go part time due to physical excertion of a 5 day commute from Reading but it seems she is moving to a full time, off-air role. Can anyone explain this decision for me?

Hmmm. Just spotted this?! Could she possibly be able to do a lot of the work/research from home, and be e-mailing stuff into R1? Maybe?!?

I mean, if they e-mail her templates to complete, blah, blah, blah?! She could then just come in once/week even?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I'm gonna miss becky a lot and I hope they don't replace her .

When I found out the news - I just felt sad especially because the illness has caused this . She's so brave talking about it

Hope she now has time to focus on her health which is more important.

The show is always better when she's on it so its gonna feel weird knowing she won't be on the show anymore