Unofficial Mills

Greg James Live from Afghanistan

welovemoyles

BBC Radio 1 has teamed up again with BFBS Radio (British Forces Broadcasting Service) to simulcast Greg’s show from the base - broadcasting live from the BFBS Radio studio on the ground in Afghanistan

Following the success of Tim Westwood broadcasting for Radio 1 and Radio 1Xtra in 2011, Greg will present his show live from Camp Bastion for five consecutive days starting on Monday 10 December (4-7pm UK time).

Greg will be reflecting the daily lives of working soldiers at Camp Bastion and military operating bases in the Helmand Province. He will be totally immersed in the military environment in Helmand and will be reporting back to listeners via his blog and live every day from 4-7pm on Radio 1.

All week Greg will be delivering Christmas messages and music dedications from UK and back from Afghanistan - linking troops with their friends and families back in the UK. And of course he’ll also be providing all his usual show entertainment features and banter - with live link-ups with some exciting guests.

Greg James says: “I’m really excited to be bringing Radio 1 out to the troops and show them how much we appreciate their hard work. I love a challenge and an adventure and this will be a brilliant opportunity to see how BFBS and Camp Bastion works. Trust my luck that Daniel Craig went out there last week - it's not the easiest gig to follow James Bond, is it?”

Rhys Hughes, Head of Programmes for BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra, says: “Our ambition is that BBC Radio 1 with Greg James will reflect what it feels like for our armed forces personnel to live and work in Camp Bastion. We are delighted to be returning to Camp Bastion for a third year, working very closely with our friends at BFBS to connect Service personnel with their families back in the UK and around the world.”

Greg James will broadcast live from the BFBS studio in Camp Bastion, Afghanistan from Monday 10 December to Friday 14 December, 4-7pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2012/greg-james-bastion.html

james_ryder.png

Shut up Viv. Those soldiers are out there lying down their lives for the sake of others! Have a bit more respect. They'll be missing their families and their families will be missing them terribly too. I think its a wonderful idea and cant wait to hear it.

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3

The thing is unlike the last time (Ten Hour Take Over) This time he will be over there in the BFBS Studio. The 10 hour take over was a good idea but no link in between the station, the radio DJ were doing there show and the BFBS DJ were doing theres. This time it looks like there will be one show one DJ on two station that should work well.

I am looking forward to it. :)

Shut up Viv. Those soldiers are out there lying down their lives for the sake of others! Have a bit more respect. They'll be missing their families and their families will be missing them terribly too. I think its a wonderful idea and cant wait to hear it.

1. Don't EVER tell me to "shut up" for having an opinion.

2. I could suggest that soldiers know what they are signing up to, when they do it?!

3. The "off" button can be my hot new best friend, same as the "on" button can be your's.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

1. Don't EVER tell me to "shut up" for having an opinion.

2. I could suggest that soldiers know what they are signing up to, when they do it?!

3. The "off" button can be my hot new best friend, same as the "on" button can be your's.

Youre right. The soldiers do know what theyre signing up for. I intend to join the army myself once I graduate from Uni and for me it would be the greatest honour I could ever get in life, to pull on a uniform and tell people I serve my country.

It may not be the best quaility show but theyre broadcasting from the middle of a warzone for gods sake? You can hardly expect it to be radio 1 standards. Youre right, the off button can be used. So I recommend that when the show is aired you use it if hearing from heroes offends your ears so much!

And I won't sit down,

And I won't shut up,

But most of all I will not grow up <3

So I recommend that when the show is aired you use it if hearing from heroes offends your ears so much!

Yep, and that's why I already posted above the "off" button can be my hot new best mate.

Hero (I do dislike that word) - given a correct set of circumstances, any Joe Bloggs off of Ordinary Avenue in any UK street could technically be a "hero".

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0