Unofficial Mills

Who still listens to the breakfast show?

welovemoyles

I listen to the breakfast show. I like Grimmy and his show, one thing that is better then Moyles is the music mix. Grimmy is light on the ears and relaxed but sometime I lost interest when his gose into corporate mode. Looking forward to see where he take the show next, less corporate plugs and more random feature I got a idea it is called Car Park Catchphrase. ;)

Have listened to 1 whole show, and 2 halves. Whilst I'm aware that Radio 1 wish to appeal to youngsters, I wasn't aware it was to those that still attend primary school.

I don't dislike Grimey [sic], he's ok in small doses, but I'm at a loss as to how he can be expected to carry off 3 and a half hours a day, at breakfast after the reign of Moyles.

His show, and his onair attitude is juvenile. I've noticed his sad attempts at cheap publicity on Twitter (via others, don't follow him), ie. gatecrashing Johnathan Ross's 'top party in town' Halloween event and banning Robbie Williams music from his show. This is just the sort of attention grabbing behaviour that Moyles used to ridicule.

My mornings are a mixture of Radio 4 and Radio 6 Music now, as befits my age. I know my place, and I'm much happier elsewhere.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Have listened to 1 whole show, and 2 halves. Whilst I'm aware that Radio 1 wish to appeal to youngsters, I wasn't aware it was to those that still attend primary school.

I don't dislike Grimey [sic], he's ok in small doses, but I'm at a loss as to how he can be expected to carry off 3 and a half hours a day, at breakfast after the reign of Moyles.

His show, and his onair attitude is juvenile. I've noticed his sad attempts at cheap publicity on Twitter (via others, don't follow him), ie. gatecrashing Johnathan Ross's 'top party in town' Halloween event and banning Robbie Williams music from his show. This is just the sort of attention grabbing behaviour that Moyles used to ridicule.

My mornings are a mixture of Radio 4 and Radio 6 Music now, as befits my age. I know my place, and I'm much happier elsewhere.

Personally, I dont think its juvinile, its just aimed at the 15-29 age group, a lot more then Chris Moyles was, hense why he lost so many listeners. Don't get me wrong I liked Chris Moyles, but his talk was in no way suited to youth radio.

He did actually explain the whole halloween fiasco, and I think it got a bit blown out of a proportion. He was told by his invited friend that he was allowed to come, so I dont think he "deiberately gatecrashed" as everyone is insituating. He was just mislead!

But also, with regards to "banning Robbie Williams", that is completely ridiculous. It is not his decision, it is that of the music team and playlist meeting who decide what to playlist for the shows. And they decided Candy was not appropriate for Radio 1. And he did actually play it on Monday, so saying that he personally has banned Robbie Williams is a silly statement.

I'm not trying to convert you to listen to his show, as it really isnt for everyone, but I just think the statements you made about him were pretty outlandish!

Personally, I dont think its juvinile, its just aimed at the 15-29 age group, a lot more then Chris Moyles was, hense why he lost so many listeners. Don't get me wrong I liked Chris Moyles, but his talk was in no way suited to youth radio.

He did actually explain the whole halloween fiasco, and I think it got a bit blown out of a proportion. He was told by his invited friend that he was allowed to come, so I dont think he "deiberately gatecrashed" as everyone is insituating. He was just mislead!

But also, with regards to "banning Robbie Williams", that is completely ridiculous. It is not his decision, it is that of the music team and playlist meeting who decide what to playlist for the shows. And they decided Candy was not appropriate for Radio 1. And he did actually play it on Monday, so saying that he personally has banned Robbie Williams is a silly statement.

I'm not trying to convert you to listen to his show, as it really isnt for everyone, but I just think the statements you made about him were pretty outlandish!

I agree with all the above.

I listen to Grimmy and I think he's very good. I still thinks he should edge towards a zoo format a bit more and chat to Fincham, Ian, Fiona & LMC a little more. I also think he's very good when he's discussing the menial things that happen in life e.g. his new dog. The guests largely depend on who they are even if he's trying hard a rubbish guest makes for a boring interview. There also seems to be a tendency to go completely overboard with whatever corporate crap they have to talk about. Teen Awards, James Bond, Twilight...