Unofficial Mills

Another promotional ad for the new Radio 1 Breakfast Show

ListentoMe

BBC Radio 1 have released another advert for the new Radio 1 Breakfast Show. I can't help but chuckle at the end bit "now with added music."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fzXU_U6f6vI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Greg James is off to Africa for Comic Relief. Read it here, r1newspost.wordpress.com.

aaaand the pointless prejudging before it's even given a chance continues. I expect this kind of crap from Viv, but the rest of you? Massively disappointed in every single one if you unwilling to give the guy even a listen :|

(especially since quite a number of you, INCLUDING VYVYAN told me at one point I should give Coxy 'another chance' when I'd already tried to listen to her and just hated everything I heard... but I at least gave it a shot, f***ers)

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

By 'more music' they probably mean 'more money for us'

What a ridiculous statement. Radio 1 has to pay out more money for royalties, the more music it plays.

Although Chris Moyles is end of an era I am excited about what is coming. Its new, fresh, and exciting. Chris Moyles format was getting tired and the evidence shows that by drop in listenership. As MrDH says above, give him a chance for god sake! Everyone thought Chris Moyles wasnt going to be around long and look how far he got.

I think you are missing the concept! Radio 1 PAY the record companies royalties for paying the songs, not the other way round. Also the playlist is basically a opinion by production team of what should be played on Radio 1 to fit the brand image/target audience. But the record companies do visit to say why they think they should play their artists song, as the more popular the record company can convince them its going to be, the more popular itll be on radio, therefore more listenership hopefully blah blah blah.

Hope this is helpful:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/videos/accessallareas/video/091209_aaa_playlist

Finally some people seeing sense, VIV... please be quiet. Yes Moyles was this and that and lots of other stuff *blah* *blah* *blah* but let's be honest his show got boring and his listeners were too old for the station, finally Grimmy comes in and is going to genuinely play GOOD MUSIC, as well as fun chat etc... i'm going to give him a really good chance, plus why are you all complaining about music, scott plays music all the time.... and this is a SCOTT MILLS FORUM.

anyway rant over, good to get that off my chest.

hello

oh and another quick thing, Moyles has been a real dick to grimmy, yes i like moyles before you ask. he would probably say it was tongue and cheek but tbh most of his listeners won't take it that way and already aren't, i'm sorry but even if you don't like the decisions that are being made you shouldn't abuse the person who has no say whatsoever in the decision...

hello

exactly what i was saying, it's just a lot of the moyles fans won't see it as joking and will give him so much shit on his first few days on the text, twitter and Facebook like they already have been! i actually think the changes are good, it's good to refresh the station, as upset as I was about scott moving, it has dare i say it... IMPROVED HIS SHOW... he now gets an uninterrupted 3 hour show and with chris stark full time it's just so much better, he has regular features, so it's been a good thing, even if it means having to listen to the podcast more now.

hello