Unofficial Mills

The iPhone 5 - are you fussed?

Jono

I'm never fussed by a new phone coming out, especially iPhones. I'm still rocking a Nokia 6700s thats 2 years old, does everything I want it to but I fear that the next time it gets drowned it won't come back to life. Gonna be in trouble when that day comes, I've had a look around out of curiosity but there is nothing that fits what I want these days.

Not impressed with censorship

Never been overly fussed over anything Apple, I feel like for lower prices I can get something that does the same stuff at same quality, for the prices Apple charge, I want to be absolutely BLOWN AWAY, watching the keynote just to inform myself but I'm seeing nothing overly astoundingly new, not even in the iPod stuff...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

It saddens me that one of the comments I'm seeing most is (actually about the iPod nanos) "Oooh pretty colours" because this of course makes them worth the extortionate prices for both device and the new raft of accessories you'll need due to the new connections making existing docks obselete etc.

actually it was to take out obsolete circuitry and improve internal space to allow for an improved battery in the iPhone 5. For the other product lines it's so they're only using one type of connector. With the old size it would of been impossible to get that battery in there whilst maintaining size and weight.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/14/apple-iphone-5-free-lightning-adapter/

Cheeky of them to call the ONE included lightning-30Pin adapter 'free' considering the overinflated price of the phone... plus it's not all good news as there are still outputs lacking which need MOAR ACCESSORIES.

I've been waiting over a year for this. I've had crappy PAYG phones all my life and my iPod touch is three years old now, as well as cracked and broken. Now it's almost out, the cheapest deal I can find is £33 a month for 24 months, along with an extra £100 payment for the phone. *sigh*

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Yeah but Viv you don't count because you're perpetually stuck in the late 70s...

even while she talks about being/wanting things to be 'noo and innovative'. Yeah... anyways, moving swiftly on.

BTW, I found this which proves that some people will quite literally buy (in both senses of the word, purchase or believe) the same crap over and over thinking it's somehow better.

http://youtu.be/rdIWKytq_q4

WARNING: not quite SFW and also featuring Hulk Hogan...

I think they really missed the boat in terms of the lightning connector. The name means many people may just assume it's faster even though it is still using USB 2.0 when many new PCs and even Apple's own Macs are moving towards USB 3.0/Thunderbolt ports. I suppose it was more to try and make the phone thinner, but I'd rather have the new(er) USB 3.0 connection, especially since the current iPhone is not exactly cumbersome...