Unofficial Mills

The Final 2 Chris Moyles Shows

James R

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually cracked at the end of the last Mark And Lard show on Radio 1

"Shall we have a quick half a catchphrase, Our Kid?" "Yeah, go on then.... STOP"....

ah the handover, they never pushed the button to hand control back to london from manchester. and in an instant, there went a huge part of my youth at that time.

on the grid.

ah the handover, they never pushed the button to hand control back to london from manchester. and in an instant, there went a huge part of my youth at that time.

Is that why so much of BBC Operations is moving to Manchester, they couldn't get to the handover button? Fascinating.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

this is getting a bit strange now, i've been reading various threads over at chrismoyles.net. but you know i'm not actually sure if i want to listen to the last week of chris' shows, i will save them from the iplayer though.

as sad as it was when mark and lard left there was still plenty for radio 1 to offer me, scott mills, chris moyles, dave pearce - dance anthems, judge jules was still there, seb fontaine. there's only going to be scott left now, and no disrespect but i've been listening to moyles' show a lot longer due to the times he was on air. scott only came to light properly for me when he took on afternoons in 2004 (although i did hear him from time to time in the early 2000's on early breakfast).

moyles' best days for me were when he was still on afternoons. and although i haven't listened to radio 1 in general as much as i did 4 and 5 years ago, it's a bit like part of your life is going as stupid as it sounds. i'll always remember listening to mnl at school and having moyles on sometimes when i got back home, 11 and 12 years ago (wow). and it hurts me a bit now if i drop by radio 1 and hear the sheer dullness that's taking over and the shell it's become of it's former self.

everyone's time at radio 1 comes to an end. and as hard as it is to believe, the likes of nick grimshaw, annie mac and greg james will be waving goodbye one day while a new flavour of the month is taking over.

but moyles going for me is kind of like a scaled down version of watching your childhood home being demolished.

on the grid.

Its definitly not gonna be easy to listen to the last few shows. Listening to this weeks when I've been getting up has felt very odd. Obviously we all knew it would come to and end but the realisation that this time next week Chris, Dave, Dom, Tina and Aled on the breakfast show will be no more will definitly be setting in for a lot of people.

Its true thats been said by others in the past, although the vast majority of us have never met any of the team, nor are we ever likely to, they are part of a routine and we've got to know various things about them. They aren't gonna be there any more, and to many it is going to feel like saying bye to a friend. Lord Sugar I think was right yesterday when he said Chris has something up his sleeve, he's not gonna be disappearing completely overnight. I'm also sure I heard Aled saying something to Dev about it not being the end of Chris so I really do hope they have him doing something although I could only really see it being a weekend show when he's finished with his Jesus stuff.

I'd try and record the shows but I don't have a freeview+ box and I'm working earlies all next week anyway. If anyone is able to do it and get them onto something like Rapidshare then please do, there will be a lot of very grateful people out there.

Not impressed with censorship

Dunno how i am gonna deal with the final show. Definitely gonna try and see as much as possible of it. sad this morning that fearne cotton managed to take moyles' final choice for the golden hour off of the air, leaving the station in silence. not the way i wanted to remember the final golden hour.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Well said DC. I've only been listening to Moyles since 2005, but I really regret not listening to him when he was on afternoons. I was probably too busy listening to Steve Wright...

Must admit I'm really not looking forward to their last show at all, weekday mornings will never quite be the same! Their opening half hour was the best half hour on radio anywhere, the way they turned trivial nonsense into hilarious radio was genius. Aled's story a while back about being 'given permission to speed by the police' on the motorway, then parodied by Chris as 'PC Aled' comes to mind...

Grimmy's going to have his work cut out, although not as much as Matt Fincham is...

Gotta laugh at what Aled has posted about the Thursday: "The BBC, police and council will be very aware of the event going on and will be on high alert to keep crowds from building so I don't see it ending well as sad as that is for me to admit". Jesus Christ. I am sure it will end without incident. Most people there, I should imagine, will only wish Chris well in every possible way !!

:-)

Gonna be such a difficult week this week, mind you... for listeners, Team members and other staff @ R1. There will never be another Chris, with his ability to question management, be innovative, creative, do all the things HE wanted to do, rant, and just be generally brilliant. From afternoon Shows (when I first started to get interested in him, and Aled was BB Aled then), it's been a blast and an honour to have been a listener.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Is it or me or is this final week being made even harder by them having some really brilliant guests on?! And by being able to watch them on the webcams, which is ridiculously addictive...I'm no fan of F1 but Jake Humphrey was really good this morning. As was Rachel.

Anybody have any ideas who might be on tomorrow morning...? Alan Carr? James Corden? Jonathan Woss?

I know this is a Scott Mills forum, but there's a thread here for this, so:

I have to admit I almost got a little tearful this morning listening to what I heard of Moyles, the team and guests. Only 3 days left. I shall definitely have a good old cry on Friday. It truly is the end of an era.

I'll really miss Chris and co.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Agreed Viv, Tulisa was really good, and her impression of Louis Walsh is superb!! Alan Carr was brilliant, and twice as funny when you can watch him in action...

Intrigued to see how they handle the final 5mins of the final show on Friday, listening to it is definitely going to be a 'where were you when' moment...really good they're handing over to Sara Cox though.

Which just leaves the question of where to 'enjoy' said final show; at home, outside Radio 1 or watching one of these big screens Aled's encouraging us not to...!